PDA

View Full Version : Flybe's newest routes at BHD

mysecretsmile
20th Apr 2005, 19:49
I wonder if anyone can confirm how Flybe is getting on with its three most recent routes from BHD - Aberdeen, Liverpool & Norwich.

I heard that the Aberdeen & Liverpool routes were doing extremely well with decent loads. Even heard that Liverpool's
frequency may increase to 5 a day due to demand ?

Can anyone confirm or deny this and how if any it is affecting
other operators on 2 out of the 3 routes (Easyjet & Eastern)

derbyram
21st Apr 2005, 12:50
The abz and lpl are going very well, in fact far better than expectations, as for nwi, thats going ok as well, and is expected to do even better with the other routes starting in nwi giving more presence in the area.

ALLMCC
22nd Apr 2005, 09:45
The ABZ must have Eastern worried as, at long last, they have reviewed their fare structure to BFS - although still more expensive than Flybe from BHD, in some cases over £100 has been shaved from previous prices.

jamesbrownontheroad
22nd Apr 2005, 17:45
Recently asked the check-in clerk at NWI about loads. I recall correctly, she said usually about 50 - 70. Almost certainly not the market yet for twice daily, but I can see it possibly making sense on Fri / Mon... the broads and North Norfolk Coast have always been a big draw for weekenders.

On my most recent trip back to Belfast, most of the seats were taken by a Northern Irish under 12s football team on their way home after (as far as I could tell) a short tour in East Anglia... surely the best example of the kind of people who should benefit from new routes like this.

*j*

Flying Fiona
23rd Apr 2005, 08:43
I have been operating some of these routes this week and all the loads have been up in the 50-60's.

Not sure if it warrants more rotations. The Liverpool route is the best one. Constant 60-70 pax four times a day.

Going loco
23rd Apr 2005, 08:46
LPL had 10k passengers in March. I'm sure someone can work out the load stats from that.

loco

Richard Taylor
23rd Apr 2005, 09:08
So if pax loads are in the 50-60 mark for the ABZ flight(which is great news)as well,are Flybe drawing business away from Eastern?

ALLMCC's post that EZE are slashing fares would suggest so,or at least indeed they are worried about the prospect.

If EZE have to pull the ABZ - BFS route(& I hope note) then they could always redeploy onto the soon-to-be vacated ABZ- GLA route when Loganair stop flying it.Or do an ABZ-GLA-BFS route.

As I've said previously though,EZE are tenacious operators of a route & seem to make money out of small loads.

dwlpl
23rd Apr 2005, 09:40
Presuming that the bank holidays had a Sunday service and that there were no cancellations I would estimate there being approx 110 return flights.

This gives an average of 45 pax per flight.

Have heard that flyBE are to put more rotations on the Liverpool/Belfast City route.