PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair?

gonnabe
20th Apr 2005, 18:41
Hi

Does anyone know what your chanses are to get accepted to ryanair with apprx 300 h on the 737 classic (3/4/500). I've heard somewhere that you have to pay for the type rating course on the NG anyway!

Cheers!

VC10L1011
21st Apr 2005, 07:02
Not much point thinking about a TR on the classic, they'll be disappearing pretty soon I think...

Will

Bluebaron
21st Apr 2005, 12:32
No problem at all if you've got the cash!

BB ;)

Sky Goose
21st Apr 2005, 13:22
Better not try and charge your mobile if you work for em...read in the paper today Ryanair staff no longer allowed to charge mobiles at work. Unwanted expense... Half a pence per charge!

Hobgoblin
22nd Apr 2005, 08:15
That's almost as good as that silly woman (forget which airline she works for ), who reckons that of course the company supplies drinking water to their staff. They have a water fountain in their foyer and all flight crew are welcome to take as much water as they like, provided they bring their own receptacle.

If I wanted to work for an employer who has that little respect for an employee I would continue working for my current slavedriver.

Funny thing is if you do it correctly and treat people with some respect then not only will you get the flight crew ( and everyone else in the company ) to come up with even more draconian ways to save money themselves, but they would actually do it gladly.

I'm sure Ryanair is not interested in employing me and I don't blame them as I will be the first to freely admit that I am not anywhere near experienced enough to be able to even win an interview and it will probably be years before I am. Also I am probably not the kind of employee they would want ( cheeky little sh*t that I am:E )

Thank you, my rant is now over.

Lil' Pilot
22nd Apr 2005, 10:27
Not much point thinking about a TR on the classic, they'll be disappearing pretty soon I think...

@ VC10L1011

Maybe this person already is type-rated in the classic. And besides, there are still a lot of classics flying around, and will be for the coming years. So still plenty of opportunities the way I see it.

VC10L1011
22nd Apr 2005, 17:30
My apologies, I read 'classic' and thought 200 series!

Whoops! I guess that would be antique 737 lol!

Cheers

Will

atyourcervix73
25th Apr 2005, 15:24
Gonnabe......have you tried Jet2..or thompsonfly?...Id be knocking on their doors first!..and avoiding Pikey Air at all costs!

:D

jamestkirk
25th Apr 2005, 18:46
I spoke to the people at thomsonfly last week.

They are only looking for experienced 737 pilots.

This could be you and I am sorry if it doesn't apply to you.

If you are a low hour 108hp prop driver (WOW!) like myself, then they roar and reel with laughter.....then swiftly hang up while saying "no offence"

JTK

Simon_Sez
27th Apr 2005, 13:45
Gonnabee,

To answer your original question, all existing 732 pilots are being asked to pay for the 738 conversion, so if you have Classic time, you'll still have to pay regardless.

Simon.

Jannik23
27th Apr 2005, 17:55
Hi Simon

What do you mean by ?

To answer your original question, all existing 732 pilots are being asked to pay for the 738 conversion, so if you have Classic time, you'll still have to pay regardless.

732 ?? 738 ?? another way of saying classic and NG ? I apologize for my ignorance but could you clarify?

And he would only have to pay for difference training right ?? which is about 1500£ (from 737 classic to 737 NG)

I was thinking of getting a 737 classic TR and do 300 hrs on type and then do difference training and be able to fly 737/300/400/500/600/700/800 am I wrong here or ???

Jannik

Simon_Sez
28th Apr 2005, 10:06
Jannik,

Yes I meant from 737-200 to 737-800. To my knowledge they will only pay for the conversion cost and not the full type rating.

I am only a student pilot and not involved with Ryanair, but this news is fairly common in the industry and instructors and Multi-IR students in our school in the process of starting MCC and the "long, arduous, CV sending" process are feeding this info back to us.
It's also been in the news in the last 6 months :)

Your suggestion of doing a 737 Classic rating then converting to the NG is a good one in that it gives you a great competitive advantage over lesser qualified applicants, especially if you have the financial means to go for it.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Simon.

Captain Indomie
14th May 2005, 03:52
Hi gonnabe, from my understanding they still need few more 732 drivers. However, they prefer to take them on as contract staff usually from brookfield aviation. The 732 are all going at the end of the year in which case you may be transfered to the 738 if willing to pay 8K for the compressed training programme. If you have some time on the classic - 733/734/735, you stand a very good chance to go and drive the 800 but still have to pay for your training. Give it a go and good luck.;) :cool: