PDA

View Full Version : Spoof website - Transport2000 (warning, contains links)

UniFoxOs
20th Apr 2005, 14:58
See Transport2000.co.uk (http://www.transport2000.co.uk) and Transport2000.org.uk (http://www.transport2000.org.uk)

Onan the Clumsy
20th Apr 2005, 15:09
wasn't there something similar to (but different from) this a couple of years back? Very funny it was too.

eal401
20th Apr 2005, 15:38
There's a difference between them? :confused:

:p

Onan the Clumsy
20th Apr 2005, 16:04
Do 80% of Londoners really support upping the congestion charge on 4x4's? If you're talking about doubling it then yes. If however you mean trippling it, then the number jumps to 95%

:}

Jerricho
20th Apr 2005, 16:17
Speeding drivers are responsible for third world poverty, says a shocking new report commissioned by Transport 1650

See, told you we need more speed cameras.

Jerricho
20th Apr 2005, 16:31
Why the hell does ANYBODY need to drive a 4X4 in London? Apart from trying to drive over the top of Minis and funny looking Robin Reliants.

Jerricho
20th Apr 2005, 16:35
Answering a question with a question. I like it. Answer, because I can.

BTW, the "congestion" part of it is probably a clue.

Having had the pleasure of driving in London, my question still stands.......WHY

Jerricho
20th Apr 2005, 17:01
:rolleyes:

If the question is 'Why does anyone need to drive a 4x4 in London?' Then the obvious answer is 'cos thats what they own!

Would you like me to highlight the operative word in the question....NEED in London

By your tone, I'm guessing you could very well be the asshat I met trying to wedge themselves down a side street near Leicester Square one day in his BMW X5. I could see he wasn't going to fit, the guy behind him could see he wasn't going to fit........yet the plucky X5 valiantly pushed on. Took 3 mirrors off 3 cars before he decided it wasn't going to work. To bad for everyone else who now had to wait for the hoser to try and reverse out of the situation (luckily enough the guy behind him had the sense to leave a bit of room or we would have been there all day.

Another example..........school time at Hampstead Heath. Soccer mums abandoning ship left right and centre in a variety of SUVs/4x4s etc in fnt of people's driveways, road crossings, red zones etc....... Go look up the definition of grid lock.

Of course, an individual's decision to drive what sort of vehicle they want to is their perogative. However, buy the sound of your response, they also exercise their mindset of "F*ck everybody else!"

(Best thread creep ever...........I'm so sorry UFO)

PTT
20th Apr 2005, 17:06
I do so enjoy the word "asshat" :ok:

GeneralMelchet
20th Apr 2005, 17:20
Yep - Sorry guys - Wrong thread for this discussion.

Jerricho
20th Apr 2005, 17:28
No one needs to drive a 4x4 of course not

Not true mate. Come to central North America between the months of December to March. There are people who live in this area of the world who use 4x4s for their intended purpose, especially when you have to get to work and you look outside to be met by 18 inches of snow. Not Mr Ponce X5 driving down Brewer Street in Soho.

ultimately see us all driving electric smart cars

And in a high density population area such as London (and could be applied to many cities in the world), probably not a bad idea........without the bubble wrap though. Makes it hard to see out the windows.

Fg Off Max Stout
20th Apr 2005, 17:34
The article on the real website about Jeremy Clarkson and Top Gear shows just what a bunch of crazy treehugging fantasists these muppets really are. I wonder just how well their crappy lefty replacement show would do in the ratings battle - about as well as an 80s OU physics lecture in a primetime slot. How many people male or female, consider a look at women's perspectives of low performance cars, and the virtues of speed cameras to be entertainment. It's nice that they've even gone as far as choosing the title for their program which will never happen - Third Gear. I guess they haven't heard of Fifth Gear. Whoops.

I wonder who pays these fnckwits' salaries. Probably me through my taxes. Bolox.

Dead_Heading
20th Apr 2005, 17:42
X5 a 4x4 Jerricho ? you're having a laugh aren't you? Damn things get stuck in a 5 inch puddle.

Nothin irritates me more than a sparkling clean 4x4 though, considering the ones I hitch lifts in round here are covered in mud and generally have either a dog, me, or a sizeable amount of hay in the back. Also considering the fact most townies will never even engage the low ratio gears :rolleyes:

On the other hand, going along private tracks in a forestry commision landy...
:ok:

Jerricho
20th Apr 2005, 17:46
Course I'm having a laugh D_H ;). Still a big bloody vehicle to try and stuff down a lane.

Tis funny round these parts as well with that Porker Cheyenne. Nobody's buying them cause they're shite when you really need a 4 wheel drive. Saw one in the arty farty area of the city (yes, the Peg surprisingly does have) parked outside a bistro with not a speck of dust/mud on it. Same with that Beemer X3.

On the other hand, going along private tracks in a forestry commision landy...

:ok: :ok:

(See if you can run over some of the tree huggers for me next time mate ;) )

Dead_Heading
20th Apr 2005, 17:54
Considering the fact that the depot I volunteer at's latest purchase is a 450cc quad bike I'll do my best...;)

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Apr 2005, 21:25
The suburban 4X4 mob around here go to 4X4 playgrounds on weekends to show off the latest accessory and get a little designer mud on the beast. Rest of the week the mud is shown off at the shopping mall...:rolleyes:

McFunkletrumpet
22nd Apr 2005, 13:58
Jerricho...just to set the record straight.....

Manufacturer : Reliant

Model : Robin.

Cheers

Jerricho
22nd Apr 2005, 16:02
Thanks for the heads up McF.

Always nice to know the correct name of something you want to see crushed.