PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Man

manxbudgie
20th Apr 2005, 11:02
Is anything else happening on the Isle of Man front seems EuroManx are dominating the topics there.

What about GMIMA - when is she going and whats replacing her

Any news on a new photo call saw a great picture of her on airliners.net coming into land

skiddyiom
20th Apr 2005, 11:09
G-MIMA is going as from 1st May when she starts her handback check.

That picture was mine, glad you liked it.

skiddy

manxbudgie
20th Apr 2005, 13:20
skiddy iom

Thanks for the info - the pic is really good

manxbudgie

GrahamK
20th Apr 2005, 13:45
Indeed Skiddyiom does take good pics, even if he is restricted on his days out from the old folks home ;) :} :ouch:

PAXboy
20th Apr 2005, 14:28
So if MIMA is going, do we just get another 146 on the route? Will we have the same machine based on the Island, as we did with MIMA and OJET before her?

Thanks.

manxbudgie
20th Apr 2005, 14:28
grahamK

You obviously know the person who took this picture but I doubt you would be classed as a friend from your back handed comment. I think you should give credit where credit is due and leave out the sarcasm.

Do you have any photos posted on Airliners.net I believe its not easy to get your pictures on there.

I think the photograph is a great tribute to an aircraft that has a lot of history with the Island and skiddy should be proud of it.
GMIMA will be sadly missed by anyone who has had the privelege of working on her and I along with many others will be sad to see her fly from the Island for the last time

manxbudgie

GrahamK
20th Apr 2005, 14:37
manxbudgie, it's all in good humour ;)
Indeed I do know him as he also participates on the forums at airliners.net

manxbudgie
20th Apr 2005, 14:46
grahamk

Glad it was just said in jest their is so much back biting on some of these forums I just believe credit where credit is due

:ok:

skiddyiom
20th Apr 2005, 14:48
Is nowhere safe from sarcasm? Arrrrrrrrrgh! :{

G-MIMA will be replaced with G-MABR for a couple of months. This is a smaller aircraft (100 series) and will severely cramp the capacity especially over TT fornight. A masterpiece of planning!

After that I am not too sure. By April next year the plan is to have an RJ100 on the route. What will happen then is anyones guess.

I'm just grateful that the route appears to be continuing and not being cut completely!

Cheers

Skiddy

manxbudgie
20th Apr 2005, 15:02
skiddyiom

Thanks for the info skiddy I think we are all please that BA have committed themselves to the IOM for a bit longer - long may they stay

Manxbudgie :cool: