PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus looking for new destinations in France?

jsd95
20th Apr 2005, 08:18
Aer Lingus has declared to be interested in serving Nantes.

Right?? Some details about that??

Today, EI flies to CDG, NCE, TLS and MRS.

Thanks a lot for your answers!!

J.D from France

Tom the Tenor
20th Apr 2005, 14:19
Nantes used to do very well for poor ol' Jetmagic. That was from the real capital, of course, Cork!

jsd95
20th Apr 2005, 16:04
Yes, that was their best route fro their whole network.

This summer Air France Régional had a project to launch a weekly ERJ145 flight between NTE and ORK... but finally not!

Sure that we would prefer to have Aer Lingus at Nantes.....!!:ok:

If someone has heard details and rumours..... don't hesitate!!! ;)

cya

lowfaresbuster
20th Apr 2005, 17:10
Aer Arann seem to be doing OK with Lorient, from Waterford and Galway.
TTT, Jetmagic-Nantes? It didn't work for them, but if Aer Arann did a Lorient from ORK, it would fill. Let's face it Jet magic were a joke.

Tom the Tenor
20th Apr 2005, 20:09
Well, lowfares, it is two to one against your so far!

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but is not reasonable to profer that Jetmagic was the essential pathfinder for so many new routes at Cork? This summer will see all of the previous GX routes ex ORK reinstated with the exception of LCY.

Not bad going, really?

21st Apr 2005, 09:46
I did wonder if Aer Lingus could get more utilisation out of their new aircraft in Cork.

On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, it seems to be doing

ORK 07:25 MUC 10:55
MUC 11:50 ORK 13:30
ORK 15:15 FAO 17:55
FAO 18:40 ORK 21:10

Two trips a day isn't exactly great utilisation of the aircraft.

Squeeze down the turnaround times, especially between the Munich and Faro flights and preferably start earlier in the day and you would find enough time for a run to somehwere like Nantes or Jersey after it arrives back from Faro.

Tom the Tenor
21st Apr 2005, 13:48
This was where the Boeing 737-500 was such a good aircraft for helping to establish new routes.

Such a pity they are not around anymore.

eastjimmy
21st Apr 2005, 19:24
Jetmagic-Nantes? It didn't work for them...

Iam sorry to say low fares buster that your comment mentioned above is well wide of the mark. i had the mis fortune to put my faith in jm... i worked for them and had first hand experience of what routes worked and what didnt work and its fair to say that nantes was one of their top routes. if not the top route.. their major flops in order where... liverpool, edinbourgh, rome, milan, and to a critical point london city and brussels. which were supposed to be the bread and butter routes. still tom is correct in pointing out that jm did open up cork and as we can all see the various routes they did serve are now more or less all being served again... so i guess their work waqs not all in vain.. maybe lfb your correct in saying jm were a joke but it waqs a job for some of us out there and we all tried our dammdest to make it work......
rgs
ej

jsd95
4th May 2005, 22:59
An airline news website announces that Aer Lingus is considering Nantes and Bordeaux from DUB for summer 2006.

regards

akerosid
6th May 2005, 10:12
Which news site was it? Can you provide a link?

Were any other potential destinations mentioned?

ProfJackRabbit
6th May 2005, 18:39
akerosid: the ch-aviation newsletter.

Usually a trash source - the editors pick up tidbits off forums, including this one, and post them without thought.