PDA

View Full Version : Manifests"and Questions.

hoggsnortrupert
20th Apr 2005, 08:06
On tonights news I see a Item on the Schapelle Corby drug bust?
The reporters state that the bag was suppose to have been routed BNE through SYD ?and there is reasonable thought that someone was suppose to uplift the booty at SYD,air side?
Requests for security video footage is not available because the system was U/S on that day.
They also say that paper work (IE check in Manifest weights) is not available, or not being made available??
Could someone let me know if the QF has to retain these for 12months???.

If so could anyone offer any reason as to why QF has not been forthcoming?.

Something different from the norm I know, but if it was my little girl, or your's,??? from what I understand her life stle and friends do not seem to be the sort that would smuggle AUD;s $80K into a country where it is worth only$4K.

Didn't know where else to post this Q?

HogR. :suspect:

Ultralights
20th Apr 2005, 09:23
IMPORTING pot to Bali is like Importing sand to a beach!

Dehavillanddriver
20th Apr 2005, 12:44
QF used to use standard piece weights for bags on domestic sectors - don't know about international sectors - and not sure what they do these days.

If she travelled on a domestic service to connect out of Syd she may well have had her bag weighed but not recorded as a standard weight was used - the weighing seems to perform more of an AH&S type roll in preventing excessively heavy bags from making it to the baggage make up area for a bloke to do his back in lifting rather than being used to calculate hold weights for the load and trim.

If this is the case the production of the manifest proves nothing and adds nothing to the defence case, other than to suggest that her boogie board weighed 14 kg or whatever they use - which may not be of great assistance to the defence team!

The Messiah
22nd Apr 2005, 07:28
But it was in her boogie board bag which is sporting equipment and therefore would not have been weighed.

Buster Hyman
22nd Apr 2005, 12:15
When I was doing the GHA role, we kept all maniifests for 6 months, then destroyed them. Doesn't mean we were right though.

rammel
22nd Apr 2005, 18:35
When travelling internationally baggage weight is calculated by pieces and weight. eg 2/40kg. It would have shown just the total weight for all her baggage.

Ultralights
24th Apr 2005, 01:04
if she is found not guilty of drug importation, and its found the drugs were placed into her baggage after checkin sometime? who is liable? can the airlines be made to pay compensation for the undue stress, loss of income, legal costs fighting her case in the courts? as a result of the actions of staff in tampering with said baggage after its checked in ?