PDA

View Full Version : There seems to have been a slight problem with the PPRuNe Forums database.

Rollingthunder
20th Apr 2005, 03:38
"There seems to have been a slight problem with the PPRuNe Forums database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

Have been getting this quite a lot lately.

???

NZLeardriver
20th Apr 2005, 03:51
Daily update I think. Lasts for about 20-40 minutes.

BRL
20th Apr 2005, 10:47
I think they update the database at around 0400. I have had that a few times when I have been ppruning early in the morning, but it is not for long. Also quite busy these days, that may have something to do with it. :)

Irish Steve
20th Apr 2005, 14:22
quite busy

Errrrrrr, very busy, I've had more than a few occasions over the last week where the server has bounced me because it reckons it's too busy.

also, for what it's worth, there are times when the response time is in the order of 30 to 40 seconds, occasionally longer, before the next page paints. It ususally recovers within a few minutes, so whatever it is it's transient.

It's still one of the best boards on the net though:D

P.Pilcher
20th Apr 2005, 14:45
It only seems like a few weeks ago that Danny and Co were proudly telling us of their latest super dooper server which was intended to banish such problems for a very, very long time. Still, let's hope that this tremendous increase in business will enable him to increase his advertising rates so that an even bigger server can be acquired in the not too distant future.

P.P.

Globaliser
20th Apr 2005, 17:59
PPRuNe is still the fastest BB that I use, by far. :ok:

amanoffewwords
20th Apr 2005, 18:04
Solution to time-out problem

Hint: Over xxx posts! About time I clicked here and ordered a Personal Title.

amofw

drauk
20th Apr 2005, 19:47
The database is shutdown each morning (4am GMT) for a complete backup, during which time the entire site is unavailable. It takes about 10 minutes.

As for the site being busy, it is! The new server was installed a year ago now and since then the number of users has grown still further.

However, a second server has been purchased and is being prepared. The combination will result in a significant increase in capacity.

PPRuNe is faster than most busy discussion forums because it is run on a top-grade infrastructure.

As someone else has eloquently said, if you want to support it, buy a title or some advertising.

PPRuNe Pop
20th Apr 2005, 19:58
And that! Is the best piece of advice you will ever receive for the well being of the best aviation site anywhere!

Even I have never submitted a coin or two but as of now I am donating £20. Twill be in the post or by other means after I have my day out fishing tomorrow!:ok: :ok: :p

PPP