PDA

View Full Version : What is different about CTC?

Alicia.C
19th Apr 2005, 18:24
I have been looking at CTC's website with interest and intend to make an application to the CTC Wings Cadet scheme in the near future. However, before I do so, I have a few questions which I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to answer.

1. Why is CTC Aviation not listed as an Integrated Course Provider on CAA's approved schools list? (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF) How does CTC Aviation differ to Oxford Aviation Training, Cabair and Flight Training Europe?

2. If the CTC Wings Cadet scheme is a sponsored scheme, why is a £60,000 bond required when the three other organisations mentioned above can privately fund my training for a lesser amount. For example, does CTC provide for a Type Rating where the others do not?

3. Is the CTC Wings Cadet scheme in a better position to secure employment with an airline than say the three other training organisations?

4. What other advantages are there for training with CTC Aviation?

I thank everyone kindly for their time and help.

African Drunk
19th Apr 2005, 19:19
CTC course modular. But apparently even BA approves of it.

Wing_Bound_Vortex
20th Apr 2005, 01:44
Alicia,

Just a quick reply to your query,

1) Ctc is a structured modular course, not integrated, though most employers don't seem to mind one bit.

2)It isn't sponsored, but you are " insured " against failure by having 30 grand of the training paid for you if u don't meet the standard. Not bad really. Yes Ctc provide a type rating after the MCC/JOC, specific to the airline you are going to work for.

3) Yes. How many other schemes almost guarantee a job at the end as long as the airline doesn't go bust...er...very few, and certainly no schools that i know of. None of those three that u mention even come close in that respect.

4) The people, on the whole they are pretty damn good, dedicated and wanting to make you a success in your career.

hard decision i know, but shoot for it, you never know it might just work out :ok:

WBV

Alicia.C
20th Apr 2005, 10:45
Thanks for the advice guys, I will apply to CTC soon. However I have already applied to Flight Training Europe (Jerez) and am invited to a two day selection process. This is my first interview for a course of this type. After my A' Levels, I went on to do a law degree, but don't really fancy being a lawyer. I wonder if anyone could advise me on what to expect on the selection days.

I've only been told that I'll have a 3 hour computer test, including PILAPT, numerical and verbal, interpreting ratios and graphs. Can anyone expand on what this means?

Then a personality questionnaire, followed by a 1 hour written test, numeral, verbal and numerical. Not too sure what this will involve either.

Then the following day I will have an interview and part of the interview will be advising on how I would solve an aviation problem.

Has anyone here been to the Flight Training Europe selection process? What's it like? They've also sent me a booklet which they call the Maths and Physics notes. Not sure how much of this booklet I will have to know for the selection day.

Thanks to everyone who replies. You guys are great!

Alicia.
-x-

Re-Heat
20th Apr 2005, 13:03
How do CTC place people at the end of the course upon acquisition of the licence? Do they simply say to people - you are going here - or do people get a choice such that they could decline placement at - for example - a charter when their aim is for LoCo, or vica versa?

Obviously though people want a job, the amount of lock-in to that airline through CTC for 7 years in conjuction with the seniority system means getting it right first time if possible!

Re-Heat
25th Apr 2005, 10:44
Anyone able to answer?

nosewheelfirst
25th Apr 2005, 14:14
Each course is generally assigned to an airline Re-heat. There is lots of info available if you use the search function.