PDA

View Full Version : channex A300

stans home
19th Apr 2005, 18:07
anyone know whats going on with the fleet i hear one of the aircraft is to go back to the leasing company soon, with another close behind.
seems strange i thought they were a sturdy outfit ?

UPSAirOps
20th Apr 2005, 00:20
MNG Cargo are operating the EMA-CGN route for, I'm led to believe, something like six weeks. So definately something afoot although I was told their fleet was going in for maintenance of some sort.

Still on the EXS6565 callsigns and whatnot but operating under TCMNU.

stans home
20th Apr 2005, 10:58
oh right, strange using one of there competitors on the route. Is that all above board then a non european operator flying within europe?

itsonthebox
20th Apr 2005, 14:29
tha says xj goin back like, cos tha moneys bein spent on 2 x 757s for Jet2 instead. I rekon tha Station Super in Keggy has the roight idea like.Get oot before tha ol shabang of tha bus fleet goes same way as tah props.also my man says nuther groond trainer has t,interview wit ragheads, will dooble his money like

UPSAirOps
20th Apr 2005, 16:41
stans home: MNG operate regularly for UPS into CGN so presumably they've got a European operating licence of some sort - not sure on the specifics, perhaps someone more in the know could fill us in.

Plus CGN have a MNG a/bus as their contigency a/c so I would think it's all tickety boo, so to speak.

:ok:

Diabolo
21st Apr 2005, 10:11
Hello,

http://www.mngtechnic.com

Channel Express choosed MNG Technic

Channel Express from UK has rewarded MNG Technic with 2 A300 C Checks. The C Check Agreement between Channel Express and MNG technic has been signed and the first A300 Aircraft registered G-CEXH is going to enter MNG Technic Hangar on 18/04/2005 for the C check.

(http://www.mngtechnic.com/news.aspx?id=20)

MNG Airlines operate under an European AOC, so they don't have any limitations on trafic rights. Callsign MagicBlue.

MNG Airlines is the largest A300B4-200 operator in the world as far as I know. Correct me if I am wrong.
TC-MNA is the oldest flying Bus on earth. MSN19.... Celebrated here 30th aniversary last week and get a nice award from Airbus Industrie. Happy Birthday :)

I don't think that MNG is in competions with any other operator.

Best regards,,

MaxBlow
21st Apr 2005, 12:16
hmm...

Magic Blue. Saw the website and it looks to me as if that is the old
Farnair Netherland thing. Somewhat a smart move.
Still don't like the agressive approach the mng pulled off over the years.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks as if another one is just about to bite the dust. Sorry for the guys at Channex.

Btw. Maybe Diabolo can tell us how it is to work for MNG (T&Cs) and if they would emply us as foreigners. Least thing yu can do after you took over all the business...

Diabolo
21st Apr 2005, 14:57
MaxBlow,

To answer your questions; Not bad at all.....No expat crew exept one guy. Do not know what the future will bring about hiring expat. I guess it is more like due to do with license as the Turkish DGAC accept only national license until they become JAR-FCL.

UPSAirOps
21st Apr 2005, 16:21
Diabolo,
Thanks a lot for the info!

ALLDAYDELI
22nd Apr 2005, 08:39
Diabolo, MNG have cornered the market and do a fine job, they have competition though! the other Turks Kuzu and Orex also operating. Lots of other 40T A310/A300F around on other flags but tied up on contract work. The A300F market emerged well in Europe. However, most operators have their aircraft tied up on contracts and little available for adhoc work, this was once an MNG speciality for adhocs.

MaxBlow
22nd Apr 2005, 09:07
Tks for the info,
a bit off topic now: I hear Orex is finished and a new company named ACT is about to start with A300Fs (whatelse could it be?).

Diabolo, pls chk your PM:)

anguspm
22nd Apr 2005, 09:46
Orex are done for after having an Ac stuck in CPH on C-chk and a cost of "allegedly" $3M to get it out again.

I know there´s another mob starting up in Turkey but not the name. ACT sounds familiar but I thought that was just the agency providing the crew....

PW2040
23rd Apr 2005, 13:56
Hi anguspm.

Are you sure the airplane is not stucked there because the maintenance company was declared bankrupt while the Orex A300 was in the hangar in a not completed state.

Greetings,
Pw2040

Cee of Gee
24th Apr 2005, 12:28
Is it XJ or XK that's going back ?

anguspm
25th Apr 2005, 08:48
PW2040,

As I understood it Orex had sufficient funds for the chk (C8) but when the provider went belly up the increased down time and the maintenace required to get the Ac out of there meant a bill of $3M which they couldn´t suffer. The provider going belly up was what started everything but the costs afterwards were what they couldn´t support. Sorry if I wasn´t clear enough in the original post.

ALLDAYDELI
25th Apr 2005, 12:31
Any clues as to who ACT are ?
Not (Air Cargo Trader) per chance?

PW2040
25th Apr 2005, 15:41
HI anguspm.

OK , now it is clear.....

Do you know if it is still there , next time I pass by I will take a look into the hangar....:)

Greetings,
PW2040

anguspm
26th Apr 2005, 07:02
Eventually the Ac was made flayable by (I believe) an Airbus working party. Last I heard Ac may well be going to a new operator in ....... Turkey. That was about three months ago.

The CPH Northstar facility is now shut except for the backshops.

MaxBlow
27th Apr 2005, 11:11
Found this:

www.actairlines.com

aerodiner
2nd May 2005, 23:28
One of Chanex's two leased A300B4's is a 'near' certainty to be returned to the lessor at the end of June. This is a fact well known in the company.
This will require that many crew members be made redundant. FE's are particularly at risk. The company is keeping crews from prematurely jumping ship with the carrot of possibly,maybe,we are working hard to wards securing other contracts.Incidentally the commercial department is not known for being either proactive or sharp witted!.
It is the opinion of this reporter that PM is bored with freight & now regards himself more in the 'mould' of O'Leary & Stelios.
It should be noted that some 50% + of the A300 ground engineers are also for the chop due to fleet reduction & changes to basing policies.

Diabolo
3rd May 2005, 07:34
I bet that MNG will get this BUS, just a personal feeling !

:)

PW2040
3rd May 2005, 14:25
Hi all.

Is UPS going to keep MNG as a contractor???

As far as I heard they are not doing very well.

Gretings,
PW2040

aerodiner
3rd May 2005, 15:14
Both MNG & Air contractors are interested in the aircraft.
Apparently MNG are to lose the Tolouse & the UPS standby.

SKY's4ME
3rd May 2005, 19:48
Air Contractors looks to be a developing company with a stronghold with a number of contracts including Fedex, the UPS contract would make Air Contractors a leading provider of freight in Europe?

SKYS4ME

PW2040
4th May 2005, 08:06
A UPS contract for Air Contractors , let med hear more....

Greetings,
PW2040

CDB.A300
4th May 2005, 08:07
I beleive MNG will remain in CGN for a longtime..
2loose flight goes to StarAir next November, this was known and this not a suprise. (They did not get 11 767-200 for fun)
MNG will have 2 new routes, 1 start 1st Nov 2005 and the other 30th July 2005..(watch out guys you will be suprised)

not: STBY MNG contract is up to end of 2007.

Chears :p

Cee of Gee
5th May 2005, 20:37
If the #4 bus does go elsewhere, best of luck to all the affected Channex A300 crew's & GE's.
Not nice!
C of G.

itsonthebox
6th May 2005, 08:44
I say lad, at least them there loadies r cummin ta senses. Nuther is joining us at t'end of month.Tha say tis Fatboys slim revenge on that there porridge eatin,cat bladder blowin, cross dressor.

A loadie is not fur Channex, its fur GSS!

Essex Old Boys Club 6 - Channex Soft Southerners 5.

I say ta Bucks, taint over till that there Fatboy lifts his finger from them there carry oots!

Cee of Gee
6th May 2005, 11:25
Definitely Channexs loss, Wickes gain!

At this rate, Wickes will be leasing them back!

Better get a date set for the first reunion!:ok:

stans home
10th May 2005, 11:43
some people dont like deserting a sinking ship tho ( not that it is ) a bit of hard work never harmed anyone.
Be nice to hear from you J shame about the Spurs and Europe hey

Cee of Gee
10th May 2005, 20:11
I know it's not a decision any of the boys took lightly, but they had their reasons.

Drop me a PM, I'm in Essex real soon.

As for the Spurs, there's always next year, he says, again!

Audreyslackey
11th May 2005, 11:39
Aye, cross dresser indeed. Ah,ve got me beady little eye on all of ye! Er.... things are a bit hot at the mo, any room for one more??

Diabolo
12th May 2005, 09:08
MNG will get Bergamo next Nov on behalf of UPS.

:mad:

Cee of Gee
12th May 2005, 09:28
Diabolo; based from BGY, or through BGY between BLQ & CGN?

Audreyslackey; bit hot? Room where?

MaxBlow
12th May 2005, 09:54
the rotation is CGN-BGY-BLQ day stop and back. fun to fly but lots of bad wx in the winter. was channex ever catII ? is mng catII ?

dusk2dawn
12th May 2005, 11:06
Is MNG an €U operation ?

4Screwaircrew
12th May 2005, 14:38
Channex are CAT III

Cee of Gee
12th May 2005, 15:04
Maxblow,
I did the route for a few years. Just wondered if it was the same, or an additional run.
C of G.

Diabolo
12th May 2005, 16:24
MNG Air are CATIIIa

MaxBlow
12th May 2005, 20:02
C of G,

never flew the green ones.

Diabolo,

catIIIa - still a scarry thought! did a few simulated ones in good wx. you wish, pray and cross your fingers that it's spot on!

it's probably a requirement by the customers these days.

-------

crew certification is the least problem. i heard from mx guys that it's fairly expensive to maintain. would be interesting to get
some more info on that from somebody who knows more.
probably a different topic again.
:ouch:

Diabolo
16th May 2005, 13:05
Another award by AIRBUS Industries to MNG AIRLINES...

Our managing director Mr. Yavuz ÇÝZMECÝ has recently received an award from Mr. Alain Marechal, head of customer support service of Airbus Industries, by achieving 100% reliability on a 30 years old A300 B4-200 Aircraft (TC-MNA).

In 2004, MNG Airlines has completed another successfull operation by delivering Olympic horses to the 24th Olympic Games in Athens and received a letter of appreciation from Airbus.

MNG Airlines still operates 10 Airbus A300B4-200s, three of which serve for passenger operations, 7 for cargo, including the TC-MNA, the 19th Aircraft ever produced by Airbus.

http://www.mngairlines.com/e_index.asp

Next is TC-MNU msn 047 :) Happy Birthday

CDB.A300
16th May 2005, 16:21
I doubt this is not a good publicity for them!

stans home
16th May 2005, 20:05
MNG wouldnt be able to cope with the BGY route communication a problem there, they may be cheap thats about it i think monkeys and peanuts springs to mind. Wonder how many MNG aircraft would be working for UPS had there not been a conflict in Iraq mmm those god damn air bases do come in handy.

dionysius
17th May 2005, 20:24
Do I take it from some of the above posts that there has been an exodus of Loadies from Channex to GSS ??

tadiusnarvak
9th Jun 2005, 12:31
Channel did have a bit of a hiccough with the loadmaster manning, I believe its all sorted now. As for MNG, well they are cheap and peanuts, monkeys is a great analogy. It appears that the CAA and other international authorities are quite happy, despite some strong representations, to turn a blind eye to MNG’s continued flouting of the freedom six regs etc. Draw from that your own conclusions, but my believe is that there must be some considerable pressure from the Americans to keep the Turks “Sweet”

Consequently MNG are aloud to run amok, the only state with a little spine has been the Irish. Their CAA, after numerous ramp checks “have had enough”

We all need to take this seriously, Channel are bearing the brunt at the moment but how long will it be before these interlopers start eroding your companies routes and bottom line? Especially when Turkey is allowed to join the EU, then we can all look out!!

JW411
3rd Jul 2005, 16:50
I have been told by someone who should know that G-CEXK is to be broken up within the next few weeks.

Can this be true?