PDA

View Full Version : Your first pilot job

zomerkoning
19th Apr 2005, 16:19
How did you guys land your first pilot job after getting your license?

Did you do it all on your own, did you have a contact in the airline or did your flightschool help?

Say again s l o w l y
19th Apr 2005, 16:22
A Contact did it for me and that seems to be how it works in this industry most of the time, especially with smaller operators.

Basically, get networking!

redsnail
19th Apr 2005, 16:49
Contacts and actually shifting to the location of where I was most likely to get hired. First shift involved travelling ~5000km. Second major shift ~10,000nm...

haughtney1
19th Apr 2005, 17:47
A mate in the aeroclub I used to belong too....needed someone to ferry his C310 around..that then turned into a Beech Duke...which was where I started!:D

Half_Cuban
20th Apr 2005, 21:18
First paid flying job was instructing for the company where I got my instructor rating .

First airline job I met the flight crew manager of a local airline at the airfield where I was instructing and gave him my C.V; two days later I got a call asking if I would like to come in for an interview - it worked for me.

Some advice though network, network, know who is doing what and when and be at the right place at the right time.

Easier said than done I know - but good luck

Baron buzz
21st Apr 2005, 15:35
ThinkI got extremely lucky because the process of sending out lots of CV's worked for me. Got a call last November.

Got plenty of rejections prior to that though!

father murry
23rd Apr 2005, 15:09
MONEY......... After 2 years of un answered applications i bought my way in.

I know the puritans hate me and my kind but what the hey... im working.