PDA

View Full Version : Klaus the Forklift Driver

WG774
19th Apr 2005, 12:46
It's official! The Germans do have a sense of humour!

Klaus the Forklift Driver (http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?box_id=51208&f_id=1000)

If the above link is problematic, find another one from these links: Links (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=klaus+forklift&meta=)

Bear with the first 2 or 3 minutes, it gets funnier as it progresses.

:ok:

PS: I would rate the video with a "Parental Guidance" certificate.

Onan the Clumsy
19th Apr 2005, 12:58
I think I've just wet my pants

Onans Girlfriend
19th Apr 2005, 13:07
I thought I told you to go to the Doctor. I dont want people calling you Onan the Wet Pants do I.

Jerricho
19th Apr 2005, 13:19
Clumsy........................

lasernigel
19th Apr 2005, 13:26
Where's me heartspray....laugh me chest is killing me it should go out with a warning.:ok: :ok:

BOFH
19th Apr 2005, 18:38
Last year I tried to get around to writing English subtitles for this, but events got in the way.

I hope the Anglophones discerned the deadpan delivery of the commentary.

BOFH

WG774
19th Apr 2005, 18:45
I first caught it on C4 a couple of weeks back, with English subtitles.

The deadpan nature came across without the titles though.

A paragon of Health+Safety information I reckon.

Did it win any awards? Should've done...

Maude Charlee
20th Apr 2005, 09:53
Excellent stuff. And now for ze funniest joke in ze vorld.....

AntiCrash
20th Apr 2005, 13:47
Brilliant Training Film, none better. We had a death at my company on a forklift 36 years ago, the victim was riding on a pallet and was run over. I wish something like this was available then.

nosefirsteverytime
20th Apr 2005, 15:13
I think I'm going to be sick.......

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Saying that, as a man who spends a lot of his time drinking with EMTs, I liked it!

airship
20th Apr 2005, 16:02
Ze image qwalite und schnell hof delivery (even fur ADSL) waz extremely wunderbar. I vonder vhat comprezzion technik zey used. :8

Ozzy
20th Apr 2005, 18:14
Klaus rules!

Ozzy

Maxflyer
20th Apr 2005, 19:51
Klaus should get a Golden Globe or whatever the German equivalent is or an Oscar at least.

That has made my day.

Jerricho
20th Apr 2005, 20:32
Klaus is dead baby........Klaus is dead.

BOFH
20th Apr 2005, 21:56
Germans can be quite paradoxical. A friend of mine had a DVD of Necromantik confiscated by the censors there.

You can have dildoes in shopfronts but you cannot buy toy guns. You can buy real ones, though (guns, not dildoes).

BOFH
<edit: that was poorly phrased. I mean you can buy real firearms _and_ real dildoes. You cannot find toy guns and there is no such thing as a toy dildo, discounting the Harry Potter broomstick.>

Ontariotech
21st Apr 2005, 00:30
That reminds me of a movie we used to watch every year in high school on tech. shop safety. It was called eyeball.....and it was about the dangers of not wearing eye protection.

This one takes the cake......very, very funny

MikeKnight
21st Apr 2005, 08:49
I'm not a forklift-spotter or anything but they could have at least used up-to-date equipment!

tom de luxe
21st Apr 2005, 11:07
I'm not a forklift-spotter or anything but they could have at least used up-to-date equipment!
The equipment was by no means out-of-date when said film was made. That video's been around for some time - just check the worker's hairstyle/clothes, esp. in the very fist scene, they're not too fresh either.

Also, a recent remake of that movie would certainly have included a warning against mobile phone use and the like.

chuks
11th Jun 2005, 14:42
You can, too, buy toy dildoes! But you have to go to a sex shop. They are not allowed to be sold in toy shops. Someone could put an eye out! HSE is no joking matter! Same as if you want a toy poodle here, you have to go to a sex shop... no, I mean a pet shop. Jeez!

Made it through my course at the 'Ring without any jokes whatsoever, except for that blonde joke I got off another forum here. It was a real bitch to translate into German, though. Nobody laughed but I got a few polite smiles out of it.

Jerricho
11th Jun 2005, 14:49
in the very fist scene

Just like them other German movies.