PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield

rubberneck
19th Apr 2005, 11:32
the airport is now licensed!

rgds

Little Blue
19th Apr 2005, 18:22
...I'll have a pint of Guinness and a Jamesons....no ice !
;)

VIKING9
19th Apr 2005, 18:37
bet the salaries won't go up though :ugh:

DK338
20th Apr 2005, 13:40
So go on then, tell us what's wrong with the salaries. 30K for a Duty Manager job ain't bad, surely?

VIKING9
20th Apr 2005, 14:32
and where did you read that ? From the pay scales released in the job descriptions on aviationjobsearch (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com) I'd say the pay is pretty poor.

coughing corner
20th Apr 2005, 21:53
Viking, if you read the jobs on the link you so kindly provided :rolleyes: you will see the very job DK338 is on about! If 30k for an ADM is so poor in terms of pay, then don't apply for it, no one is forcing you! But it'll be one less 'competition' for anyone else who's applying for it to worry about! :hmm:

VIKING9
20th Apr 2005, 22:11
Ah yes, I stand correct. Humble apologies. Donny is not for me, I was just curious about the poor salaries with the other jobs !

20-17
21st Apr 2005, 22:06
Viking9

Presume you have a high flying job within the aviation world and have experienced all make up of salaries against turn rates and other costs associated with airport working?

Or

Are you a little know it all who just likes to put a downer on the business?

GROW UP

VIKING9
22nd Apr 2005, 07:35
20-17 thanks for your input. I have been in aviation for 24 years and what I meant by my comment is that over the years, salaries have decreased considerably, but the responsibility level hasn't.

Yes it's a tough market to be in, but surely if airlines, handling agents, airport operators etc want a good quality team, they need to attract them by starting off with a good salary and then retaining them. Staff turn over at some companies is very high, no doubt because staff can't survive on poor salaries.

My point about the Doncaster jobs as an example, is that for someone with a medium to high level of responsibility should be paid more than the £13.5k on offer. Does the airport operator have the resources to be continually training staff when people leave and get replaced ?

Don't turn this into a slagging match by saying "grow up". It's an open forum and for some people who are looking for work, it's a place to hear opinions. I'm in work and relatively happy, so I'm lucky in that sense, but for those who are looking, then to hear what others say, can only assist them in their search.

Jinkster
25th Apr 2005, 19:25
anyone fancy a pint at the airport?

glitterbay
28th Apr 2005, 21:25
It will have to be a pint of coffee.

Went over there tonight to have a look around and the only place open was Costa Coffee!

airmemphis
15th May 2005, 14:04
Quick question for you folk. The website states Sharm El Sheikh (Egypt) is a destination but I can't find any flights to SSH on their timetable...

glitterbay
16th May 2005, 19:50
Sharm El Sheik is listed by Thomson in their winter brochure. I think the flights start in October 05.

Opssys
18th May 2005, 15:19
The folks at Air & Business Travel News have in the 16 May Edition published an online article on Robin Hood Airport in the ON TOUR Category.
(scroll down to the ON TOUR in page link).
ABTN is at http://www.abtn.co.uk/

Hope some you will find it of interest
Regards
Opssys.

airmemphis
21st May 2005, 20:34
Thanks glitterbay. Here is an extract from an article I found:

According to EMOT (Egyptian Ministry of Tourism), South Yorkshire tourists will be able to jet off to the land of the Pharaohs, with weekly direct flights leaving the £80m Robin Hood Airport, at the former RAF Finningley site, every Sunday, starting on the 6th of November.

“Sun seekers will fly directly to the holiday resort of Sharm El Sheikh," EMOT said. Thomson will operate the service.

Let's hope it'll be a success like the other UK-SSH flights