View Full Version : Scandinavian ATC

takeonme
19th Apr 2005, 10:58
Gday everyone!!

Greetings from Sydney, Australia.

Just wondering if anyone can give me contact details for the ATC organisations (Avinor etc) for the Scand. countries. Looking at heading over in a few years and am wondering what the work situation is like....

Or if anyone reading knows........ fill me in!

Thanks!

T.O.M

FlyByHeart
19th Apr 2005, 11:38
In Denmark ATC is managed by NaviAir (http://www.naviair.dk/page89.aspx). See website for contact information.

Good luck.

M609
29th Apr 2005, 17:04
Well, as you know, Avinor is the sole provider at 19 controlled airfields, and at 3 ACCs (1 of which will close in 2008) in Norway today-

The working situation is sadly not as good as we would like between management and the staff. Due to higher demands to cut cost, there is a large restructuring program running, and a lot of people will have to move (controllers), and a lot will loose their jobs (assistants).

But.....since the genious people at the top stopped all recruitment and training 2 years ago, we now need more staff!

The pay is good, hours are good, and we have a CAA mandated limit on overtime. We have a rigid seniority system, but foreigners have gotten full value from former experience in some cases I know of.

There is I fear (dont't know for sure), still a requirement to speak a scandi language, all R/T is in english, and coordination can be if you want, but still.....

Contact [email protected] (Training coordinator)

or [email protected] (Coordinator for staffing in ATS)

PM me for any details, or contact info regarding the controllers union (NATCA) :cool:

M609, union rep ENDU TWR/APP