PDA

View Full Version : M1 Visa validity

pilot00
18th Apr 2005, 21:02
Hi,

I have an M1 visa valid till 2009 however is has Naples Air centre as my training provider. Can anyone advise me if I can simply use this for another training provider as long as I get an I20 issued from my new flight school, or do I need to get my M1 visa revalidated at the embassey.

Thanks for your help!!!

ikea
19th Apr 2005, 12:54
im not sure, my understanding of it was you are allowed to remain in the USA until one year after the commencement date, or until 30 days after you have finished training, whichever is sooner. I would like to know how to go about re-entering. DO I haveto go through the whole thing again , I hope not as its costing me nearly 300quid! Im off for my Visa interview tomorow in Belfast! so hope it goeswell :-)

Farrell
19th Apr 2005, 13:48
one of the students at EFT changed and went to OFT instead and they (OFT, i mean) sorted out his visa for him if memory serves me correctly

spaceman1000
19th Apr 2005, 14:34
no, you can not change schools under your M1 visa.
your M1 visa is valid for 1 year (or 2) after entering the USA.
you can leave the USA for 2-3 weeks vacation, and reenter. Be sure to go to the immigration office at the airport before leaving the USA.

if you change school, you have to do a new request to the US embassy or the immigration office in your US state.

if you want be out of trouble,I suggest you to see the US immigration. There are so many different VISA in the USA and each case is different, noone on this forum can real advice you what to do. Check with the US immigration in your area.(or US embassy)

BTW, if you did already an initial M1 application, the 2 nd application should costs you less and iprocess should be more faster.I said It should be...