PDA

View Full Version : easyjet into the midlands?

freightdogg
18th Apr 2005, 12:47
can anyone tell me if easy have any plans to place airbus,s into midland airports,bhx ,ema,ltn.and also if you get a job offer could you accept subject to a posn at one of those bases in the future. or do they say the jobs in berlin, take it or leave it.thanks for your time guys and girls.

nickmanl
18th Apr 2005, 13:00
LTN is going to stay all Boeing for a little the forseeable future I think. Can't see any plans for EZY to start operations from BHX in the future either, considering how close it is to EMA (although this didn't prevent Baby from doing so)

phil_2405
18th Apr 2005, 13:11
I believe EMA will have the Airbus from later this year (Sept?)

jabird
18th Apr 2005, 16:59
Nick,

Stelios was famously quoted last year saying "BHX or CVT, make me an offer I can't refuse", so I don't think this option can be ruled out.

BHX currently looking quite crowded with locos, and I don't think they'd squeeze into CVT's current IPF, but I wouldn't rule Easy out of this part of the world just because they have a base at EMA.

Consider EMA as EDI, BHX as GLA and CVT as PIK, and then think how many airlines are represented at at least two of the above three.

Not sure which is a bigger market though - I think there are more people in the Midlands than all of Scotland, but we don't tend to fly to London very often ;-)

Mike16
18th Apr 2005, 18:18
Hi

Ezy at EMA is going to be all airbus from this autumn and also we beleive it will be 4 aircraft based there as well.
You initally have to go to LGW and then go on a transfer list for EMA, but with the airbus we will need more crew, so i say go for it now.

LTNman
18th Apr 2005, 18:34
I have lived in Luton for 23 years and never knew it was in the Midlands!

stalling attitude
18th Apr 2005, 18:48
i'd be surprised if any region wanted to claim Luton as their own

phil_2405
18th Apr 2005, 21:49
If NEMA is to be a 4-aircraft EZY base as Mike16 mentioned then I guess new routes are on the way (any guesses?) but nothing has happened for so long now at NEMA, I'll wait till I see it!