PDA

View Full Version : Strike a Blow for Common Sense

Windy Militant
18th Apr 2005, 12:11
It seems to me that now is the time to strike a blow for common sense. As our elected representatives are trying to curry favour with us so they can get another few years on the gravy train, er I mean tirelessly represent us in Parliament, they are going to be more receptive. If all of us Ppruners were to write to our respective MP's and suggest a change to the planning laws so that if you are stupid enough to buy a house next to, say an Aerodrome or a Race track or even a farm you should not be able to have said establishments closed down. If you live in the country get used to cowsh*t and cockerels crowing at Oh Christ it's early. Learn to read maps or get a solicitor that does proper searches. However don't expect to have the right to stop established activities just because you don't like it.

So how about it? Or is it a case of you'd be apathetic if only you could raise a bit more enthusiasm. ;)

Caslance
18th Apr 2005, 17:21
It gets my vote, Windy. :ok:

ShyTorque
18th Apr 2005, 17:50
I agree with the sentiment but it seems to me the problem has come about because the judiciary have not had enough b*lls to simply put their foot down and say "NO, stop being ridiculous" to these stupid and unreasonable claimants. :(