PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship

mad_mothie
17th Apr 2005, 20:28
Hi there! The world of flying is a great place, one that I personally want to join, but to become a pilot you have to be loaded!!! Being at school offers you little chance to make any money, which we all know you need to learn to fly! Personally in the future I want to be a commercial pilot and there is no way on this planet that I can afford to do that. the first stages for me would be to get a ppl and start to get some hours on my clock which is what I seem to be forever saving for, birthday after birthday and recently I managed to save enough for a trial flight at Cumbernauld airport with Cumbernauld flying school and this gave me a desperate need to continue but I have run out of money, as we finished the flight and we were walking back towards the airport cafe my instructor (Martin Gabbar) directed me to this forum and said that I may be able to get a sponsorship. Fortunately I live under the Glasgow airport flight path and every time I see an aircraft fly over-head I have to stop and look because it makes life worth living! I was wondering if there was anyone out there who is able to tell me how best to get a sponsor or one better and offer me a sponsor to let me finally after years of looking to the sky, let me go up and join the spectacular world of aviation!!!

Atlantic-44
17th Apr 2005, 20:58
Air Atlantique are offering a sponsorship at the moment. Check out the thread on this forum titled "Help - Air Atlantique sponsorship vs. OAT". A PPL is a pre-req though, but its a good idea to make first contact and get some further info.

mad_mothie
17th Apr 2005, 21:01
thanks very much I'll check it out!!!