PDA

View Full Version : JAL interview : what to expect ??

Sebichoo
17th Apr 2005, 18:08
Hello !!!

Well, everything is in the title...
JAL interviews are gonna take place the 4th, 5th and 6th of May and I was wondering if some people could give us some clues about the interviews.

Thank You

SEB

Standard Jet Dep
19th Apr 2005, 12:31
Yes I have been looking at this thread for any info as well. I had an interview with JAL last october very interesting it was too. Everybody entered a room and there was a JAL member of staff sat at the end of the room. I was very chatty and to be honest im not sure that worked in my favour as i am now pretty sure that she was taking notes on everyones behaviour. I cant believe she was dealing with applications for 5 or so hours. Anyway everyone was called into a room in groups of 3 and interviewed just a basic conversation about yourself etc. Then after an hour or so people were called in to a room in groups of 10 or so. If your name was on a whiteboard then you were through to the next stage. Luckily mine was and I was invited back for an interview in the afternoon. Before that interview a few of us had our grooming standards check they looked at our nails and checked our hair etc. After that those remaining ( about 15 out of 50) had a 2 on 1 interview that was quite scary and my interviewers really tried to pull me apart on my life when i was living in Japan. After that I was told that I would be contacted in 2 days. I unfortunately never made it to the final interview. Overall a very interesting interview looked to me that eu citizens with one or more languages had more of a chance but i cannot speak any eu langauge but still made it further than most. I did hear that only one person made it through to the last interview from the day before, so i think very tough but great experience. I hope this helps.
Take care and good luck

TheTwin
21st Apr 2005, 20:36
Hey,

I would liken it to something resembling a meat market! People are queueing in and out of corridors and rooms etc for most of the morning. If you are successful during the first stage you are invited back in the afternoon for a more 'in depth' inspection! I cannot speak a foreign language but made a spirited attempt at trying to, and it seemed to work! I must admit it was pretty intimidating as they just sit behind these school teacher like desks and appear to be scrutinising your every move! I have to admit though that I did not make any attempt to interact with the rest of the 'wannabes' but it didnt seem to make much of a difference as I was selected for the afternoon 'sesh' and then got the final interview letter two days afterwards. I couldnt make that though because of an important commitment and they werent prepared to reschedule it! I was gutted at the time as I really wanted to work for them, however their lack of flexibility regarding the final interview was a bit of an eye opener. If you want my advice I would make sure you are groomed to within an inch of your life and really only express an opinion when you are asked for it!!! :p