PDA

View Full Version : lapsed ppl any career opportunities

matt22scotland
17th Apr 2005, 16:14
i am 28 yeaar old from the uk with a 70 hour lapsed CAA PPL 75 hours glider is there any opportunities in africa for somebody without a full ppl to get some GA work?
i am looking for adventure and a quick fussless hourbuilding approach.
i`ll allmost do anything

Beechdrivr
17th Apr 2005, 16:23
Hey man, you gotta pass me some of the stuff that you're smoking 'cos i want some too!!

Jockflyer
17th Apr 2005, 16:44
Holy ****, I really hope you're not serious. If you don't know the answer to your own question, then I despair, and ask that you immediately remove any reference to Scotland from your username.

A quick glance at any of the forums here will give you an indication of how many unemployed pilots who have spent tens of thousands of £/$/R to get a commercial licence, and you think you that you might be in with a chance of beating them to a job with a lapsed PPL!!! That doesn't even take account of the fact that you can't earn money flying with a PPL.

Sorry to be so blunt/harsh but for **** sake, wake up and smell the coffee!!!

Somebody give the guy a towel for behind his ears.

:{

matt22scotland
17th Apr 2005, 17:18
sounds like youve had enough beech

4HolerPoler
17th Apr 2005, 17:28
Please let this one die a natural death & slip off the bottom of the page.

4HP

matt22scotland
17th Apr 2005, 17:37
maybe i shpuld add a bit more for the hard of thinking.
1 did i say i wanted to earn money?
No ,you saw something and you thought "i`ll engineer this so as to say what i think it says"
i did say an adventure.
that usually means at the cost of me!
i.e when you go to climb Everest or K2 it is an adventure and an adventurer usually bears the cost.
2 i did say GA not COMMERCIAL.
although my PPL is lapsed it is a quick question of a refresher.
and it was the question of aerial work not commercial
3 if you think i should remove the reference to scotland because i have to explain EVERTHING to an ATPL.
have another about that one especially as jock you cannot keep a civil tung in you head

Solid Rust Twotter
17th Apr 2005, 19:14
Aaahhhh, got it now!:ok:

You want to come to Africa, get a valid PPL and fly around the place for a bit of an adventure, all this to be paid for by yourself.

That shouldn't be any problem at all. Plenty of flying schools willing to help you out on that one....

SA Fred
17th Apr 2005, 19:42
If this weren't already at the top of the pile I'd let it slide off as 4hp suggested...

Q: 1 did i say i wanted to earn money?

A:lapsed ppl any career opportunities

Q: 1 did i say i wanted to earn money?

A:Q:... without a full ppl to get some GA work?

Ok, this is Africa... doesn't mean we're a bunch of ignorant numnuts. You say something, we understand it.

Jockflyer
20th Apr 2005, 09:00
"Matt22Scotland, this is tower, you are cleared to backtrack!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

JF

P.S. Learn to spell properly Tongue, not Tung