PDA

View Full Version : Continental - just back

Momo
17th Apr 2005, 15:57
Just back from Geneva - Newark - San Diego and vv with Continental, in "BusinessFirst". First time flying with Continental. Must say it was very comfortable throughout, and all four flights landed a few minutes early. I particularly like the "milk and (warm) cookies.

However...

As I flew over on Wednesday, but only booked the travel on Tuesday ($2800), I got lots of extra security attention. At least they told me this was the reason. In Geneva, three different people had to check my papers, and they had various difficulties actually checking me in. In Newark, despite having a boarding card, they told me I had no reservation for the San Diego flight. More questions, but eventually got the last free seat. On the way back, my boarding card in San Diego came out with an "S" on it. This means, according to the security people, that "your airline has selected you for additional security checks". They took everything out of my carry-on, extra (external) body search, etc. Odd.

Momo

Avman
17th Apr 2005, 16:19
It's what they call "profiling" because in the past the bad boys had a tendancy to buy one-way tickets. Of course, any future terrorist with half a brain will by now know that to avoid extra attention he should purchase a round trip ticket!