PDA

View Full Version : 737 NG MAP Mode

Olendirk
17th Apr 2005, 07:54
Hey guys!

i have some questions concerning the Navigation with the 737-800-

1.When I fly with the map mode and MAG Track indicated and I want to track a QDR, I first intercept the QDR and then I just place the track line on the needle to track it further?Is that right?

2. When I fly an NDB Approach in the VOR MODE and a MAG HDG indication, i have the track line in the display. So the same here, I intercept the track and then I place the track line on the bearing I want and it should not move is that right?

3. Flying an ILS App with the Map mode. The only indication I have are the pointers in the ADI right?I try to keep the track with the trackline and the GS with the ADI?

Thank you very much friends!

OD

The Greaser
17th Apr 2005, 09:46
1. Correct, obviously make sure you are tracking the 'tail' of the needle if you are flying a QDR, 'head' if you are tracking a QDM.

2. Correct, however why would you use VOR mode on an NDB approach, its not necessary - use MAP mode.

3. If you use MAP mode for an ILS then you would only get LOC/GS indications on the ADI as you say. Why worry about MAP mode? Use APP mode on the Autopilot and let the aircraft deal with track and height adjustments. It is SOP on our company for Pilot Flying to show raw data for an ILS approach ie. APP mode on the ND and the PNF to monitor the MAP.