PDA

View Full Version : MS Forcefeed Pro Joystick

PCav8or
17th Apr 2005, 01:56
I just bought a new computer with Windows XP. I can't get the joystick to work. The system keeps saying "not connected". Can anyone post a really simple set of instrunctions about what to do as I am not very computer literate.

Thanks very much.

Conan the Librarian
17th Apr 2005, 13:42
Two versions of this stick. Version 2 is a USB enabled device. The first is an antique from the late 90s and I doubt if you would get it to work easily with XP unless you can get drivers from Microshaft. Version 2 works fine and for whatever reason, every girlie that holds it when it starts wriggling, bursts into embarassed laughter. If it is V2 then unplug from PC and replug - this will check if the PC recognises something has been shoved into one of its USB ports and with luck, will wake windows into something approaching activity.

Any more help needed, just PM me.

Good luck!

Speedpig
17th Apr 2005, 18:31
Alternatively, if it's a Logitech Wingman rumbly thingy, dispose of in haste. Then, visit EBay
I spent most of my time re-installing the drivers on mine.
I now have a non rumbly Logitech Wingman Extreme that has 12 programmable buttons. It cost £7 on Ebay and is a vast improvement.

Seriously, whatever stick you have, try the manufacturers website for XP drivers.
Good Luck

SP

Ha!.... just been re-reading my posts and seen the post title.
MS Forcefeed...... ignore my ramblings, but I do recommend my stick.

bladewashout
19th Apr 2005, 19:38
I also have one of these 'antiques'. MS stopped supporting it in XP, leaving me with an expensive piece of junk. If you find a driver, you're a better man than me - you need to buy a new joystick...

BW