PDA

View Full Version : 16 years ago today

insty66
15th Apr 2005, 21:25
96 people lost thier lives at Hillborough.
Just thought I'd rember them to all here.

If you want to raise the usual anti-scouse or police stuff start a new thread this thread was raised to remember those who died.

RIP and You'll never walk alone
I66

lexxity
15th Apr 2005, 21:28
good lord was it that long ago? I remember the liverpool fans driving to the game (in the days before the bypass across t'pennines) and they all had their flags and scarves hanging out of their cars and lots of noise and then coming back they had a look of shock and it was soooooo quiet......

RIP indeed.

timmcat
15th Apr 2005, 22:02
It's one of those events when you remember where you were at the time. We were in the park with our two year old. News just started coming in on the car radio as we were leaving. The TV images still a vivid memory, as are those of the Bradford football club fire a few years prior.

Windy Militant
16th Apr 2005, 01:12
To Quote Pete Wiley of Mighty Wah Fame

You can't wrap your arms around a memory.*

A Johny Thunders song originally but the feelings right.

VFE
16th Apr 2005, 13:14
16 years ago? That's made me feel rather old.... or mature. Not sure which.. .. old?... mature?... mutually exclusive? Anyway....

A mate of mine lost his cousin at Hillsborough and I recall playing footie with him in the weeks after and being afraid to mention Liverpool. A truly awful thing to happen and one that *touch wood* will never happen again in this country.

Thankfully the FA took notice and barred terracing at D1 games afterwards even though the terrace mosh was fun but like most things it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye....

RIP.

VFE.

DROGNA
16th Apr 2005, 22:55
There's a single coming out very soon (beginning of May I believe) which will evoke memories of Hillsborough. It's called "Does This Train Stop On Merseyside" by Liverpool band Amsterdam and was one of the last songs triumphed by the late John Peel, in who's memory it will be dedicated.

"Why don't you remember........?"

Has it really been 16 years?

www.amsterdam-music.com