PDA

View Full Version : European/Travel City Direct

Have you heard this!
15th Apr 2005, 17:04
Is it true that European Air charter will start the Travel City flights from November 2005 on 2 x 747-300's or is it just a rumour?

Lite
15th Apr 2005, 22:08
Good luck trying to find any information about what EAAC is doing! I've tried on a couple of occasions to contact the company for various reasons, and whilst the email & mail addresses may be correct, I've not received a reply! Also, the website is terribly out of date. Maybe Mr. Stoddart has too much on his hands with the excitement of his OzJet start up.

At the moment, I'm sure the contract involves both EAAC & Air Atlanta Europe. Perhaps it will be Excel Airways operating the TCD flights next summer. A fairly modern 767 would make a nice change from those 742s!!! ;)

eurostar builder
16th Apr 2005, 05:16
They have just brought an Ex Ryanair 737-200
G-F1GP

surely not
16th Apr 2005, 08:43
Fleet modernisation at last!!! Another 200 srs but it has to be newer doesn't it?

Fried_Chicken
16th Apr 2005, 20:49
GFIGP is for use by Mr Stoddart & the Minardi F1 team, hence the reg' (FIGP, Formula1 Grand Prix) & I believe it replaces GGPFI

Fried Chicken

Have you heard this!
17th Apr 2005, 09:48
Can you please stick to the subject. If you wish to talk about something else then start your own topic.

DELTABOY
17th Apr 2005, 11:58
As far as I know & speaking to friends in both EAAC & AAE, the Travel City Direct contract looks to be firmly set on staying with AAE. You might already be aware that AAE have introduced 2x B-747-300 in full TCD livery & will operate these aircraft year round. Rumour control at AAE is that by next year they will be deploying more B-747-400 into the passenger market in addition to the two presently flying on behalf of Iberia in Madrid, ( ex Singapore Airlines machines)
Excel Airways will also be operating a Friday rotation to Sanford on behalf of TCD utilising their B-767-300ER with the usual 3 class product onboard. Some AAE B-747-200/300 look set to be painted up in Excel colours as the two companys move closer & closer to an eventual merger & the end of the year.
Presently, EAAC have just two B-747-200 servicable & these are operating on behalf of Corsair in Paris Orly. I understand that this is a long running contract until next year. I can not see how EAAC could win back the TCD contract, as AAE seem to be able to offer newer aircraft & appear to efficiently tailor make exactly what TCD are looking for. Will be interesting to see however if their performance improves this year. Hope this is of some help.:ok:

Have you heard this!
18th Apr 2005, 11:15
DeltaBoy

Thank you!