PDA

View Full Version : New livery from Kenya Airlines

Gunship
15th Apr 2005, 07:38
Kenya Airways's new B777 at Seatle.

Although a bit white - I quite like it :ok: especially the tail and "The Pride of Africa " part :ok:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/817789/L/

15th Apr 2005, 11:00
Wouldn't exactly say "Pride of Africa", but the colour scheme looks good though.

Gunship
15th Apr 2005, 11:58
tell you what mate - flown with them and I was hughly impressed :ok:
Except the one accident of the coast of Accra - I think they have a very reliable track record lately as well.

I might be wrong ?

Gouabafla
15th Apr 2005, 16:20
I have flown with Kenyan and I rate them very highly. They are certainly better than anything in the West of Africa. CamAir and Ethiopian seem to have gone downhill lately (from a pax point of view), but Kenyan maintain a high standard.

I choose KQ when flying from the UK to Nairobi every time.

Don't know how they compare to airlines from the South of the Continent as I've never been down that way.

15th Apr 2005, 21:27
Have never flown with them, but their crews always seem to be doing a good job on the radio. Good airline I would think, but not "The Pride of Africa". Surely there are other airlines who better fit that description. Dont want to name names, but one from the southern part of the continent comes to mind. And it is easely associated with the country and continent concerned and winner of multiple awards as best airline to fly to from Africa. Maybe not "The Pride" either, but pretty good nonetheless.
But as I say, KQ's new colour scheme looks good.

Gunship
15th Apr 2005, 21:30
ja swaer .. the one South I pressume must still rate as number one but with my little experience I would rate Kenya as number two .. but watch this space down south ... ;)

Solid Rust Twotter
15th Apr 2005, 21:43
Didn't know BA/Comair routes covered the entire African continent...:E

Gunship
15th Apr 2005, 21:55
Nice one old rusted one ... ;)

APR
16th Apr 2005, 09:22
'The Pride of Africa' are a bunch of lions in the Kruger Park!

Paterbrat
18th Apr 2005, 13:03
Nice to see and nice to hear the old EAA standards are still being kept up, yes it is a good airline. Nice one Kenya Airways.

wheels up
18th Apr 2005, 20:54
Nice colour scheme - like it!

Gunship
19th Apr 2005, 16:23
Sorry just a correction .. the accident was of the coast of Ivory Coast (after take of Abidjan)