PDA

View Full Version : AU LCC WITH NO HEART

The Voice
15th Apr 2005, 05:03
I have very reliable info that there have been a number of individuals who have on very short notice been deployed overseas.

Several of these people were holding tickets for a flight or flights around the easter period.

As the result of being told to pack up and ship out, they had tried to obtain a refund on the tickets.

NO GO. NADA. ZIP. ZERO. ZILCH. NO WAY. NO REFUND.

Consequently, there are a lot of seriously disgruntled people who are now no-where near where they should be, fuming at the treatment they were given.

Shame on the LCC.

It isn't like they changed their minds and wanted to fly another airline for gods sake!

Alien Sex God
15th Apr 2005, 05:13
Please explain some more.

BAE146
15th Apr 2005, 06:31
Yep, you always get what you pay for !:{

Aussie
15th Apr 2005, 14:42
Gday all,

The Post, Yeah mate i can vouch for that. A few of my mates coming over to join me in the middle east on deployment couldnt get a refund/or change the flight time.

Thanks Jetstar.... true blue....

Aussie

TurbTool
15th Apr 2005, 16:50
So please explain!

Why should service personnel be treated any differently to any other people when booking a trip on a LCC that states it has a no refund policy?

Buy travel insurance like the rest of us if you don't like it.

Ultralights
15th Apr 2005, 20:41
agree with BAe you only get what you pay for!

Truckmasters
15th Apr 2005, 21:35
i don't see what the problem is . If they had an approved leave application the service will refund the cost of the cancelled travel.

MIss Behaviour
17th Apr 2005, 08:25
The service personnel should contact the movements clerk in their unit and provided that had their leave approved in writing they should be refunded the money by Army/Navy/RAAF.

If the leave was only verbally approved you won't be reimbursed so you have the following options:

a) If you had travel insurance which has the clause that defence, police, emergency services etc etc will get a refund if for reasons beyond that individual's control they are unable to travel due to work commitments, deployment they will be reimbursed by the insurance company for the fares less any excess on the policy.

b) If you have no insurance, then call the airline at least 24 hours prior to your date of travel and amend the travel to a date down the track by paying the change fee. If you don't do anything about it, you will nosho for your flights and do your dough. I don't think there's any fare these days regardless of airline that cannot be changed (for a fee).

I'm sure no-one was deployed with less than 24 hours notice.