PDA

View Full Version : Ozjet seeks applications

intake
15th Apr 2005, 00:28
Just checking out the Ozjet web site and they have info on pilot hiring. Good luck to all.:sad:

Sue Ridgepipe
15th Apr 2005, 00:54
They also have an advertisement in today's "The Australian" for captains and f/o's.

Dexter
15th Apr 2005, 01:07
dose any one now who the cheif pilot is?

Hans Solo
15th Apr 2005, 05:19
Spoke to them today, and they informed me that they did not know who the Chief Pilot was!
After I told them that I found this very hard to believe, the lady in question told me that she did in fact know who he was, but that she had been told to say that she was "not at liberty to say" who he was.
Go figure?????:confused:

questil
15th Apr 2005, 05:27
was told on sat night but forgot his name oops, believe he jumped the fence and is ex CASA

EPIRB
15th Apr 2005, 05:37
I couldn't imagine too many being current on 737/200's.

SsaKcaj
15th Apr 2005, 05:43
Hans Solo, or anyone who's spoken to them know what the expected pay is to be like?

I dare say they are not saying who the Chief is because he is not the "official" Chief Pilot until CASA approves him.

you'll be right son
15th Apr 2005, 06:29
Anyone willing to have a guesstimation on the numbers (capt and f/o) required?

To those with the hours good luck, if not (like myself needing turbine) hopefully this will create openings with regionals.

you'll be right;)

BAE146
15th Apr 2005, 06:29
Oh dear..............I fear another "challenge" coming our way ! ;)

Dexter
15th Apr 2005, 06:36
Applications to:
Chief Pilot, OzJet, Locked Bag 14, Tullamarine Airport, Vic 3043.

looks to me like they alredy apointed a cp iregdless of waht CAsa thinks. who is it

Minosavy Masta
15th Apr 2005, 06:38
Ahhhhhhhhhh I know ....it must be "Hudson" coming out of retirement........ Well then give the Man a Lamington !!:cool:

SsaKcaj
15th Apr 2005, 07:57
dexter,

You can have a Chief Pilot nominee, but he/she is not "official" until approved by CASA and the AOC is approved.

They may be keeping it quite so that if CASA were to knock back a particular candidate, there is no need for anyone else to know except those in the company and CASA. In particular the media, you can see the headline now "OzJet's Chief Pilot failed by CASA", would not a good start for an operator.

amos2
15th Apr 2005, 09:49
Ah! Sceptics, all of you!...

remember we went through this with Virgin and Jetstar...

and look at them now!

Metro man
15th Apr 2005, 10:32
If not already endorsed, will you be expected to pay for the rating, or will the company cover the cost ? Worth asking these days the way things are going, ieSunstate

Chris Higgins
15th Apr 2005, 11:44
It'll go broke. Forget it!

whitewings
15th Apr 2005, 15:13
Could be a few REX crew making the shift.
Strong connection at the top.

TurbTool
15th Apr 2005, 15:23
I reckon the CP be a person with considerable aviation experience and background. Intitials G.B. A Good Bloke with all it takes. 737 and 146 time as well. Remember you read it here.

Normasars
15th Apr 2005, 21:57
Chris Higgins, people of your kind REALLY p1ss me off. You have nothing constructive to add to this thread with your arrogant, narrow-minded B/S. It's very easy just to sit behind this mask of anonimity and knock people for trying to achieve in this industry that's so F@@KED up at the moment. Just keep your opinion to yourself instead of sledging negativity all over this forum!!!!!!
If it provides jobs for people with meaningful employment and gives this industry a real bit of proper BUSINESS CLASS opposition I for one am all for it.

Col. Walter E. Kurtz
15th Apr 2005, 22:33
Normasar,you have just described 85% of contributors to these forums:ugh:

BTW, I think you have missed the ' subtle ' sarcasm in Chris' post...........

Capn Bloggs
15th Apr 2005, 23:46
Norm,

I hope you had a good night sleep to calm down...
this mask of anonimity
If you were a regular contributor, you'd know who Chris is. That IS his name, we all know where he lives and what we does, because he has told us.
He has merely expressed an opinion so lay off him.
this industry that's so F@@KED up at the moment Please explain. Or don't you understand how a free-market, capitalist society works?

Spellchecker
16th Apr 2005, 00:22
Is that the Chris proud to work for a company that pays only 60K for 4th year midsize bizjet Captain, the company with a history of pay for your own training, the company that charged $325 US for pilot applicant processing.

And who thinks the reason Southwest Airlines requires B737 Type Rating for employment (but not for interview) is "to let squadron buddies and space shuttle pilots in".

Capn Bloggs
16th Apr 2005, 01:13
SC,

It could well be. So what? What's your point?

Boney
16th Apr 2005, 01:49
Chris

Are you really that knowledgable these days on what the Aussie scene is doing? After all, you are in the Country of the Free (as long as you are not black or hispanic), The United States of Aggression these days!? - so would you really know?

I reckon it might work. All business class and therefore no restrictions on baggage. Therefore you may be able to carry abit of extra fuel for Mum and Dad on the days you need it, all with a higher yield. Don't think they will be running these $9 (+ taxes of course) flights cause the people that gearing towards want a decent service (bus. class the whole way through) and are not afraid to pay for it.

It will work as long as there is good management.

Great job - where do I sign?

Kaptin M
16th Apr 2005, 02:21
Wonder where they will get 74 pilots that have the abilities and experience they wanted for the 717 introduction? Me too, JAL Express are currently looking for Captains (only) with MD type experience to operate out of Osaka, and paying approx. USD9.5k/month after tax, with accomodation provided.
The contracting company based in Dublin, Ireland is the recruiter.

But then again, maybe National Jet is willing to match - or better - these market conditions! :hmm:

OhForSure
16th Apr 2005, 02:28
Kransky: While some of what you have said may be logical and believable... I wouldn't jump to conclusions regarding OzJet boys and gals not having to pay for endorsements! This A/L has yet to announce a CP... lets not get ahead of ourselves.

AnQrKa
16th Apr 2005, 02:43
Kaptin,

Do you really think an airline in Japan and an airline in Australia are in the same labour market?

nomorecatering
16th Apr 2005, 04:54
While I am a little dubious as to how sucessfull Ozjet will ultimatelt be, I can only wish them goodluck and tailwinds all the way. Paul Stoddardt i someone who is havig a go and best of luck to him.

Even if its only ever 6 -10 aircraft, thats a bunch of jet slots that are being created which will ultimately allow everyone to move up a level or two It will also make things interesting in the marketplace, the punters will have a choice of what type of service they want.

I wish Ozjet and they guys and gals who go to work there every sucess.

oldhasbeen
16th Apr 2005, 05:25
I'm a cynical bugger but I'm afraid that there are basically two types of business travellers in this country. The first all work for big top end of town corporations who are told who they will fly with by the so called " corporate travel dept" who in turn are given incentives for that business. The second lot are in it for "the points" so that they can use them to get mum and the kids os for that skiing holiday at Whistler.Now without getting into a slanging match about the pros and cons of the different carriers in Aus, I can't see why business would flock to a new carrier in older jets just because they have comfy seats:confused:

VH-Cheer Up
16th Apr 2005, 05:37
It'll go broke. Forget it!

Chris, care to explain?

I proposed some figures for their operations in the "Ozjet Merged Thread" and nobody has been able to point to any real flaw in what I suggested there.

As a frequent traveller between our two most populous cities, along with another six million people a year, I would be really happy to see a business quality service at a price less than that charged by the national carrier. Which is, btw, $1,145, give or take a few cents, for the return trip. For a sector length under 400nm. Virgin does not offer a business service, they offer a no-frills service and sardine style accommodation on board.

There is room for the competition. 30 year old 732's or not, so long as I don't have to fly in a WheezeperJet I'll be giving them a go.

So, too, will most of the business people with whom I have discussed this.

So, Chris, if you really think they are going to go broke, can you give some soundly-based reason why you think that?

Cheers

VHCU

F111
16th Apr 2005, 07:20
TurbTool,

Have to agree with you GB is a good bloke. I've only known him for 8 months or so, but as an FOI he has been very helpful and really knows his stuff. If he is heading to Ozjet then they have chosen well.

Capn Bloggs
16th Apr 2005, 08:01
Hey VHCU,

Chris probably thinks that they'll go belly up because

So, too, will most of the business people with whom I have discussed this.

he thinks you and your mates do not represent the wider business community. Right or wrong, that's his opinion. Why are you and others picking on him for voicing an opinion without providing reams of reasons why he has that opinion?

Enema Bandit's Dad
16th Apr 2005, 08:28
What is this? I hate Chris week or something? Get off his back. All he does is express an opinion and if you numbnuts don't like it you get all vicious. Why can't you just start off with something like, "I appreciate your opinion Chris, however I disagree with you because blah blah blah..."?

amos2
16th Apr 2005, 08:32
Well, I've got two things to say about this thread!

Firstly, don't take too much notice of what Chris ever say's, as I don't, and never have. He's a junior GA driver flying a regional jet in the States and while that in itself is quite meritous, he doesn't know much about heavy jet stuff in an airline environment!

Secondly, if what F111 says above is true, that a CASA FOI is the Chief Pilot of OzJet, then what Chris say's, on this occasion, is probably true also!!!

:ok:

VH-Cheer Up
16th Apr 2005, 12:48
he thinks you and your mates do not represent the wider business community

Capn, I wasn't aware Chris had surveyed me, my colleagues, or anyone else for that matter.

I was really asking for his reasons because I had defended Ozjet's potential viability from a pricing/load factor viewpoint in another thread. So if there was something substantially wrong with the figures I proffered in that thread, I'd appreciate the feedback. That's all. I have the highest regard for Chris, I think what he drives and what he gets paid is nobody's business but his own, and I bow to his superior knowledge of flying.

However, I have no feel for his commercial acumen and business credentials, so the question was plumbing those dark depths.

I'm sorry if you took offence, Capn Bloggs, none was meant.

What is this? I hate Chris week or something? And if my question offended Capt. Higgins, then I apologise unreservedly to him too.

I might make light of certain situations here. But if you have ever read any of my posts, I think you'd be pressed to find one that made a personal remark of any kind about a fellow flyer or ppruner.

Back to the point; I merely asked Chris to explain his comment, because I feel confident there is a market opportunity which VB should be trying to take advantage of, and if they do not, they are leaving the door wide open for Ozjet to come in and take over that small but potentially profitable niche.

I haven't read anywhere where it says QF is the only airline allowed to provide business class service around here.

If I missed anyone else who in my apology speech, then "tut mir Leid"...

VHCU
Pilot, apologist, businessman and marketer

Kaptin M
16th Apr 2005, 22:02
Do you really think an airline in Japan and an airline in Australia are in the same labour market? You'd have to ask the pilots who hold the qualifications that one, wouldn't you? After all, it will be their decision which job they'll choose.

Does garlic grown in China affect the market price of garlic sold in Australia?
Does wasabe grown in New Zealand end up in the sushi restaurants of Japan?
(The answer to both the above is "Yes").

bushy
17th Apr 2005, 03:34
Shock horror!!!!!! are we actually going to have a third airline?????
The two airline system is still alive and well in Australia. We have always had two, and in effect still do. We have a government one (It may be disguised and fragmented) and one other, which is allowed to exist if it "behaves itself", and does not try to really compete. (as Ansett did) I wonder what will happen this time.

scramjet77
17th Apr 2005, 04:14
amos2

Firstly, don't take too much notice of what Chris ever say's, as I don't, and never have. He's a junior GA driver flying a regional jet in the States

Who the bloody hell are you (apart from being an aparant jerkoff) to say such a thing?

What are your qualifications?

What is it that is so incredibly meritorious about your opinion and standing in the community?

Why don't you let us all know what you do, and why we should give a FAT RATS CLACKER about your opinoins?

You mate, are an absolute tooser!!!!!!!

OhForSure
17th Apr 2005, 05:39
Stoddart claims that he doesn't expect to EVER achieve more than a single digit market share... so that is definately possible. Plus we all need to remember that these aircraft are (I believe) for the most part fully paid for and owned by Stoddard or his companies. So they may be old, but at least OzJet won't have to worry about leasing costs. There is no way that they can compete head to head with the big boys, especially QF, but perhaps they can create their own niche market. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

F/O Bloggs
17th Apr 2005, 05:50
I don't know who put it up or where they got their info from but-

at work this morning, note on board said-

OZJET PAY- CAPN - $135 000
F/O - $85 000

Capn Bloggs
17th Apr 2005, 06:10
$135k??!! Right, I'm off! Gas Chambers here we come!

Bloggs, c'mon!

"Ladies and Gents, I'm Capn Bloggs, and on bahalf of FO Bloggs, welcome aboard!".

amos2
17th Apr 2005, 06:19
Wot's a "tooser" scram?? ;)

scramjet77
17th Apr 2005, 09:40
amos,

(Jeez you really are a d1ckhead). Why not answer the questions put to you rather than try to deflect them with some p1ssweak attemp at a humorous comback?

To be quite honest, I really am in admiration of your efforts at contortion. Just how do you manage to get your head so far up your fundamental? Is it genetic or do you have to practice hard on pprune?

Wizofoz
17th Apr 2005, 11:02
Geez, were have you guys been?

amos2 is the seer of seers, the wisest of the wise, the all seeing and all knowing, cause he flys a big jet and lost his job in '89.

Get with the program!!:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Mango
18th Apr 2005, 01:12
The topic "Ozjet seeks applications" has somehow lost its way in the usual off topic b1tching that goes on around here.

Its very sad that I have to look through three pages and only find a few replys that have anything to do about the topic. :sad:

I was wondering if somehow? if possible? if you could be so kind? as to take your off topic views and post them someplace else???

I hope this seems fair for those who are interested in a Ozjet application...as I am.

A Camel ate my stash
5th May 2005, 00:48
Seems to be some movement at Ozjet

OzJet appoints head of flight ops
May 4, 2005 - 3:15PM

Australia's proposed new all-business-class airline, OzJet, has appointed its chief pilot and head of flight operations.

Captain Gordon Bretag, a flying operations inspector with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority in Brisbane, will take up the appointment on June 1.

OzJet chief executive Hans Van Pelt said Mr Bretag has extensive experience "which will be invaluable and will allow OzJet to establish a highly efficient and compliant flight operations department."

Captain Bretag has flown more than 22,000 hours in his career, OzJet said.

He was previously chief pilot and director of operations of several smaller carriers, including five years at Aircruising Australia.

OzJet, owned by Paul Stoddart - the Melbourne expatriate who owns Italy's Minardi Formula One racing team - hopes to start its services in September.

It is seeking a small share of the domestic aviation market by filling in a gap in the business travel sector.

It will initially operate six jets configured with 60 business-class seats between Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Canberra, with plans to expand to 10 jets and include services to Perth and Brisbane by mid-2006.

Dexter
5th May 2005, 03:22
is this the guy that cooked both enjines in air naru?

Woomera
5th May 2005, 05:35
Yet another thread going to waste. Kiddies, if you're not gonna play nice, then don't play at all!:yuk:

*click*

Cranky Woomera (Eastern States)

NB. Enema Bandit's Dad - I see where your son gets his manners from. If you teach him some basic niceties he might be allowed back. I'm keeping an eye on you, too:cool: