PDA

View Full Version : Internal recruit. QF Group

ricciricardo
15th Apr 2005, 00:17
I went to an assessment day 14/4 for what we were led to believe was for the QF Group candidates that had last years cxld due to pressure from the FAAA and management of QF Subs.
(being used a strike breakers against our own colleagues, thank god they got something right) but there were people there from outside, I wonder what their up to now?:eek:

Also there were only 7 attendees, are they normally that small?

Nihao
15th Apr 2005, 10:10
Did they say what positions would most likely be available for you all? Contract, permanent (although this is highly unlikely) or MAM and what division?:confused:

ricciricardo
16th Apr 2005, 00:43
All that was conveyed to us at the ass. was that no positions were avail at the moment we'd be shortlisted for the 6 months list then reviewed again for a further 6. I can only hope that they wouldn't take permanent employees from one area of the group and put us on contract!

raft rower
30th Apr 2005, 06:41
I too recently had an interview, and am currently employed in 'the group'. There were only a handful of people at the interview, however one of the facilitators stated that it was more than likely for MAM or an 11 month contract, no mention of full time. I'd be interested to hear if others have heard differently.

OZcabincrew
2nd May 2005, 04:22
Hi!!!!

A person i was talking to the other week, her friend isn't in "the group" but has been sitting on the external shortlist and she got a call offering her a 10/11 month contract. also a friend of mine has been going through the interviews over in Perth over the period of a couple months and she has been told that they should hear mid May in regards to if they have to go and have a medical.

QFRegional
4th May 2005, 14:57
I also went along to an ass centre and I think QF interview staff just to shut us up as most staff can only be offered permanent positions although some were seconded about 11 months ago but not all staff have this option therefore the only other option is permanent. Current staff cannot be offered fixed term or MAM, this has been the case in the past BUT you never know things change.

There were crew at eastern for example that were on the 2 year short list way back when and they were told they could only ever be offered permanent although im sure they would have been prepared to accept fixed term, however according to QF this wasnt possible.

Therefore although they are interviewing staff again I highly doubt any will ever be offered positions even if we get onto the short list as no permanent positions will be available.

Ozcabincrew

I also have a friend who is starting on an 11 month fixed term contract in July. I also know of 2 others (friends of friends) who were also offered the same from memory all were offered short haul Melbourne.