PDA

View Full Version : Golf Umbrellas

Grayfly
14th Apr 2005, 12:55
There has been some extensive debate on 4 x 4's on the roads, safety issues, selfishness etc. There is perhaps another menace...

In London recently on a wet day I found the pavements difficult to navigate due to the presence of large golf umbrellas, with single holders, taking up a disproportionate amount of space.

Is this just an accident waiting to happen, should there be a pavement congestion charge? :confused:

PerArdua
14th Apr 2005, 13:09
May I propose an umbrella sharing lane on the pavement to allow groups of people to overtake the selfish individual who is polluting the air with their high coloured umbrellas. Maybe if you have a clear umbrella you could be exempt the umbrella congestion charge.

And another thing how many of these golf umbrella holders are real golfers, I bet they are just doing the school run with them and they have never seen a golf course.

PA

MadsDad
14th Apr 2005, 13:19
Grayfly, one technique is that, as you go past such an offending umbrella, you surreptitiously reach up and flick the edge with a finger. You then stagger along the road with your hand over your face, shouting "My eye, Oh God, My eye!!!!!".

And watch the reaction (anything from "What have I done?" to a furtive scamper down the street. If the latter you point and shout "It was him")).

Big Tudor
14th Apr 2005, 13:19
Perhaps the introduction of flow control is in order, with associated low vis procedures for periods of inclement weather requiring umbrellas.

Tolsti
14th Apr 2005, 13:42
count yourselves lucky..... at least in the UK they just use them when it rains.... over here they use them when it's sunny as well!!:*

Onan the Clumsy
14th Apr 2005, 13:48
Big, polluting umbrellas would make them a menace to society, butthey have never seen a golf course. would rehabilitate them.

Golf :yuk:

IB4138
14th Apr 2005, 15:45
Send one my way Onan .

Some B'stard has put a cig hole in mine whilst parked outside the locker room.:*

Onan the Clumsy
14th Apr 2005, 16:06
Well that's the beauty of golf umbrellas. It's like redundant systems on aircraft...you get a hole in one and there's STILL enough shelter to keep you dry :p+

acbus1
14th Apr 2005, 17:37
you get a hole in one
Easier than getting a hole in one.

Hole in one........golf..............oh, never mind. :*