PDA

View Full Version : AMS Crew Centre Security Search

twisted-diamonddolly
14th Apr 2005, 11:19
Hey All,

I wonder if this has happened to any other crews out there.

Recently one of our crews were subjected to the normal "frisk" as they went through security. Nothing abnormal there except that the guy and girl doing it were very "intimate". Since then we have had a number of complaints about AMS security "touching" and "gropping"...

Just so you know how intimate - one girl had the female security officer put her fingers inside her bra cups and one steward searched by a male security officer had the guys fingers inside his underwear...

Since then we have advised our crew to ask to be "wand searched" only but AMS are refusing. Bear in mind AMS already have the latest technology scanners which see thru clothes so all this extra , intimate security seems a bit excessive.

Anything similar happened to anyone else??

flyingdutchman
17th Apr 2005, 09:05
This 'extra' security search is one which passengers who set off the metal detectors have to endure as well.

Numerous pax complaints.

Security company involved say they are following the procedure as laid down by the airport authority, the Schiphol Group.

You can air your grievances to:

Schiphol Group

Postal address:
Postbus 7501
1118 ZG Schiphol
The Netherlands

Tel. +31 (0) 20 601 9111
Fax. +31 (0) 20 604 1475
E-mail: [email protected]

ps: who are 'we' ?

pacific.heights
19th Apr 2005, 14:35
I have to say i have also been "properly" search by a male security staff. I dont complained because he was good looking anyway! But seriouly, i understand that some peope felt uncomfortable.

On the other hand, security is important, isnt better to be safe than sorry?