PDA

View Full Version : Eva Air - information please

Octopussy2
14th Apr 2005, 10:55
A good friend of mine is about to book a honeymoon in Thailand and was considering flying on Eva Air to save a bit of money.

I would be very grateful if any Pruners with experience of the airline could let me know their impressions, good or bad.

Thanks guys

exvicar
14th Apr 2005, 17:04
I was booked to fly with Quantas from Bangkok to Heathrow. Due to the crew wanting extra fuel for poor forecast weather at LHR, cue one offload! Eva came to the rescue and flew myself & girlfriend to Amsterdam. The aircraft was a 747 400, crew were very friendly from check in all the way through to Ams, food was Thai style & perfectly edible. In economy there is no seat back entertainment and they use the old style cinema screen with headphones, however the leg room is above industry norm at around 34 inches. Flightdeck crew appeared to mixture of Canadian & Australian, very nice landing into AMS. Overall, impressed although would have preferred a decent in flight entertainment system. If you can afford a little extra their 'emerald class' (premium economy) looked very nice.

SLF@LBA
14th Apr 2005, 20:18
Eva's premium economy class is called "Evergreen Deluxe". Definitely worth the extra over economy.

We've used Eva in Evergreen Deluxe several times LHR-BKK-LHR and have found them to be fine. Goodish seat pitch OK food (nothing special).

Try booking through Airline Network or Trailfinders - they usually have good discounted fares.

YT.

Octopussy2
18th Apr 2005, 09:24
Thanks for the responses, chaps