PDA

View Full Version : "Exotic" Job

YUCCY
13th Apr 2005, 22:27
If someone offers you a job on very popular Jet Airplane flying it for kind of a good money accommodation and everything in Nigeria. What would you do?
To go or not to go?
Any exp. From pilots flying over there is welcomed.
You know what they say. “Africa is a black hole of the world and Nigeria is a black hole of Africa.

AlternativeProcedure
14th Apr 2005, 11:55
YUCCY

Its would depend on what you want and what your level of experience is. If you are just starting out and you need the experience then by all means take it, if you are experienced and you are not being offered anything new or spectacular and you like your comforts, security, stability(family wise and all that), then I would suggest not coming.

Alot of things are being improved in Nigeria, but its a slow gradual process. Nigeria is one of those places where you either love it or absolutely hate it. I would suggest coming here just for a visit to see what the proposed working conditions are like before you take the plunge. That way u can make up your mind as to which category you fall into. Hope that helps.

AP

Piltdown Man
15th Apr 2005, 20:52
So you have been selected out of all of the others who post on this site. What was the well planned and executed selection and interview process like? Do you believe in fairies and free lunches?

Pub User
15th Apr 2005, 21:00
Yuccy

The first thing to do is make certain it is a genuine offer, and not a con-trick to do you out of money.

There are lots of such tricks around, and Nigeria is well known for such activities.

Mister Geezer
16th Apr 2005, 10:51
I am guessing that it is a position with a Yugoslav company, which has leased an aircraft out to a Nigerian company. Is it the DC-9 by any chance?

If you are unemployed then give it a go if you can't find anything else but I would not move to Nigeria from another job if I were you. The place is rife with corruption and it is simply not safe for those people from developed countries whom are often seen as a target. Many airlines that nightstop their crews in Nigeria have armed guards on the minibus to and from the hotel - which gives you a idea of how bad the place can be!

The money is probably good since not many people will want to go.