PDA

View Full Version : Air Wales ATR-72

Oshkosh George
13th Apr 2005, 21:40
Presumably already here is Air Wales ATR-72 OY-RUC,planned lease 10 April to 6 May(to cover maintenance).

Anyone know which routes it will operate?

No_Speed_Restriction
14th Apr 2005, 06:31
I believe its covering the Plymouth to JFK route with possible refuel at LAX and a nominated ETOPS entry point of Swansea.

Oshkosh George
14th Apr 2005, 08:51
And there was me thinking I would get an intelligent informed response.:hmm:

circseam
14th Apr 2005, 09:54
Ahh so thats why they upgraded from the Do.228

On standby
14th Apr 2005, 14:50
There have been rumours Red Dragon were getting 72s for ages.

Maybe used on the CWL-CDG they now do for Baby. Occasional Tech stop in BOH I believe.

phil_2405
14th Apr 2005, 15:46
Maybe used on the CWL-CDG they now do for Baby. Occasional Tech stop in BOH I believe.

Do they occasional tech stop in BOH? I know they divereted to BOH the other day on the return leg to Cardiff. :confused:

aeroconejo
14th Apr 2005, 19:07
techstop my arse!!!!..........Cardiff and Bristol both had RVR of 250m....Exeter was full so Bournemouth was most logical alternate.

aeroconejo :hmm:

No_Speed_Restriction
15th Apr 2005, 06:12
are you trying to tell me Plymouth, with its history of good weather and CAT III installation, wasnt available?

Turn It Off
16th Apr 2005, 10:53
Plymouth, coz thats on the way back from Paris ......

No_Speed_Restriction
16th Apr 2005, 11:05
Glad to know youre familiar with the routing :confused:

flower
16th Apr 2005, 11:42
As my world doesn't extend past BERRYHEAD perhaps one of you Air Wales types could explain why you go out to Paris via ALVIN but return via EXMOR. Ok I obviously realise there is some benefit to you , but I just wondered what exactly the benefit was ?

NSR perhaps TIO isn't aware of just how wide and long Plymouth's wonderful runway is ;)

No_Speed_Restriction
16th Apr 2005, 11:57
flower, if it was up to me, routing via BHD would be the obvious choice. maybe ive missed something, then again.....maybe not.

Maybe its something to do with the flight planning software 6G uses; although I would of thought there is a way Ops can manipulate the routing and/or the flight level which maybe has not been attempted.

flower
16th Apr 2005, 12:19
I have sitting in the back of my mind a memory about one way routings going out over the South coast, perhaps that has something to do with it, mind you I could be barking up the wrong tree completely.
Both British Regional and Baby did the route in and out via ALVIN hence my query.

No_Speed_Restriction
16th Apr 2005, 12:31
Routing is one thing. Im stil praying for the day I get a decent cup of coffee up front that doesnt taste like the taxiway/runway you recently resurfaced. Ill keep you posted when I do.

Hey, Maybe I should start a new thread.......Nah!!:{

flower
16th Apr 2005, 12:36
And as for the lovely Welsh Cakes.......

GrahamK
16th Apr 2005, 12:38
I see an NW DC10 diverted into CWL today, bet that was an interesting sight

Oshkosh George
16th Apr 2005, 13:20
I think this thread is definately drifting off topic!:hmm:

aeroconejo
16th Apr 2005, 13:20
The route to Paris joins at ALVIN and then goes NIGIT SFD DPE...which is fine....and gives a sector length of around 1hr 20mins. The return leg however starts with an Evreux SID which is effectively runway heading as far as Jersey then hang a right to SKERY and BHD. It has taken as long as 2 hrs and is a pain.

I have no idea why we go this way....and nobody else seems to know either!

No_Speed_Restriction
16th Apr 2005, 13:25
yet another case of the blind leading the blind.

"I have no idea why we go this way....and nobody else seems to know either!" as you can imagine should really be unacceptable to us as pilots, dont you think?

aeroconejo
16th Apr 2005, 17:07
just made some enquiries..........apparently it is to do with 'flow control' in French airspace. A more direct routing would apparently add to congestion in an already busy bit of sky.

Looks like we're stuck with it!:hmm:

aeroconejo :cool:

flower
16th Apr 2005, 17:12
Thanks for that aeroconejo, wonder if the delay you would get with flow restrictions adds up to the increase in sector length ?