PDA

View Full Version : Air Botswana chooses Lanseria

Gunship
13th Apr 2005, 21:24
AIR Botswana has said it will introduce a new service from Lanseria International Airport to Gaborone on June 1. The flight will be operated on an ATR 47 seating 47 passengers and will depart from Lanseria every Tuesday and Thursday.
Kago Mmopi, Air Botswana’s brand manager, said: “We have chosen Lanseria for this service because it is the ideal location for business travellers. Furthermore, it gives us a second entry point in South Africa, since we are already operating flights from JIA.”

(Dorine Berger) www.travelinfo.co.za

Gunship
14th Apr 2005, 06:57
Before the messenger get's shot - I pressume it's and ATR 74 or what does my learned friends say ? :E

14th Apr 2005, 07:36
You're right Guns. Never heard of an ATR 47 either. As far as I know, Air Bots operates ATR 42-500.

Gunship
14th Apr 2005, 07:45
Kalasnikof's will never die ... :E

TimS
14th Apr 2005, 11:01
See if this helps .....

>skgbehla20jun
1 BP 225 YBV 24 GBEHLA 0630 0730 ATR 0 B 02JUN27OCT
S
2 BP 227 YBV 2 GBEHLA 1800 1900 ATR 0 B 07JUN25OCT
S

>skhlagbe20jun
1 BP 226 YBV 24 HLAGBE 0800 0900 ATR 0 B 02JUN27OCT
S
2 BP 228 YBV 2 HLAGBE 1930 2030 ATR 0 S 07JUN25OCT
S

TimS

cavortingcheetah
14th Apr 2005, 13:34
:) I guess that Air Bottoms is doing its passengers a favour by relocating to FALA. Less time in the air with them.
I remember when the ancient F27 was winged up to England for a refit. Came back to ZA with studs on the baggage lockers to demarcate the emergency exits. Follow your hands in the blackout until you hit the studs, drop your hands, find emergency exit handle and so on. Gracious hostesses though that the studs, being chrome, as they were, were mid aircraft make up refresher points for their make up. Move over, Michael old buddy. Poor old Captain (RIP) in charge of that lot. Politics dictated that no one of that ilk ever failed a refresher course. Damn my hide sir!;)

Argonautical
15th Apr 2005, 08:38
I remember flying in the F-27 from Gabs to Harare. The in-flight meal was simply half a chicken. Bit tough if I remember but I enjoyed the flight though, nice unobstructed view from the big windows.

Gunship
15th Apr 2005, 10:25
:p :p :p Overgraced Cheetah ... just want to tell you - you can be damn hilarious ? spelling ? at most times :ok:

Yes ... I enjoyed your comments ... :p :p :p

TIMS : The beer was waiting for you .... and is very hot now mate ;)

Skaz
15th Apr 2005, 13:50
Air Botch regularly touched down abeam the tower in Maun and went barelling down the runway in puffs of blue smoke from the tires....pasty white faces frozen in fear flashing by in the windows......

now the lalaland crews are flying into FALA...:ok: :}

Entrepeneurial tip: open a kiosk selling Red Bull and double shots of Klippies in the terminal, a lot of potential customers are soon flying in from Botswana:ok: :E

TimS
15th Apr 2005, 15:51
Still trying to get down there Guns.

You will get the first message as soon as it is arranged - keep the beer cold.

TimS

cavortingcheetah
16th Apr 2005, 02:26
:O Skaz.
That was one skipper who used to fly Hawkers in Zombieland, before it became E Ba Gum Island, which, spelt backwards is Mugabe and which in the English vernacular, means something along the lines of 'You what?!.
It's 06.20LMT here and 35'c. Too early for cold beers, unless you've been up all night rogering the local hired held. Toodly On.
;)

:) Should really be \'yer what!?\' with an ecstatically dumb look upon the old visage.
The reference in a previous note to the Captain (RIP) was a small tribute to JT (RIP) who was in charge of cabin services at AB. A most thankless task, made the more so because Grace, the hostess with the leastess, was always pulling her minister. Politics of a non reflective variety dictated that black satin always won the day.
Graf Spee, 16 inch guns?:p