PDA

View Full Version : REQ: Career Option Advice

LS2002
13th Apr 2005, 18:07
Hello all.

I have held an interest in civil aviation for as long as i can remember, and have now decided that i would like to pursue a career within an area like airline or airport operations.

I am 33 years of age and live near Manchester Airport and have held a PPL for 11 years, therefore having some knowledge of varying factors relating to aviation and airport procedures and regulations.

I will not bore you with my career attributes, although I do appreciate that whatever i do will involve a hefty reduction in my current salary. I am however interested in the long game and would like a career pathway that has a potentially comfortable package once established. As they say - "there is more to life than money". (By the way, who did say that??)

My investigations have led me to note that handling agents give you the best chance of employment although the salary and prospects are poor. Whereas an airline will give you a better overall package, but they generally seem to employ internally from entry level positions?

I would even be interested in self funding a training course if it would increase my chances of employment.

I would appreciate hearing the thoughts of any individuals already working within these areas, along with any suggestions you may have - please keep them clean ;-) .

Cheers,

LS2002

CHOCKHEAD22
13th Apr 2005, 19:24
AVTECH DO A AIRLINE OPS AND DISPATCH COURSE WHAICH I THINK IS A NVQ LEVEL 3,IT COST ABOUT £1000 AND IS DONE AS A DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE,THERE WEBSITE IS

WWW.AVTECH2000.CO.UK:ok: