PDA

View Full Version : Aero-Eng student placement this summer (available)

Pilotage
13th Apr 2005, 14:12
This might be of interest to some of the younger technical chaps and chapesses out there....

P

I've just got agreement to take a student on for the summer this year again - I've even got enough budget to pay them ! (probably about £200/wk). The work will be varied, primarily investigations into aircraft modifications and amateur built aeroplanes - obviously in the microlight class, primarily here but the odd trip out to airfields to see projects is likely. I suggest that it would best suit somebody approaching their final year in aeronautical engineering.

So, for a student looking for summer work this year, ideally with a practical or flying bent rather than necessarily an academic high flyer (although that certainly does no harm) take a look at our website at www.bmaa.org then if interested send me an application to [email protected] ; we've got no security or nationality restrictions, but work will be here in Deddington - previous students have usually found it most convenient to stay in Oxford and travel out, which is about 15 miles by road or bus, although rooms can usually be rented here in Deddington which is a small market town about 8 miles South of Banbury.

Guy Gratton
Chief Technical Officer
British Microlight Aircraft Association

The Bullring
Deddington
Banbury
Oxon, OX15 0TT

Tel: 01869-336006
Fax: 01869-337116

Email [email protected]

PhilM
14th Apr 2005, 07:13
I'm sure someone will rip your arm off for this chance!

Just a shame it's on microlights as opposed to jets, as I'm currently struggling to get a place (for my JAR66 B1 experiance), and thats for unpaid positions, which will probably see my bankrupt by the end anyway lol :(

Amazing offer that! :ok:

Pilotage
28th Apr 2005, 16:27
Would you believe that this has been up here for a fortnight, and on the notice boards at three universities for a month and we've had one, repeat one, application!

Oh well, that student is probably in luck ;)

P

PhilM
29th Apr 2005, 06:35
Mad!

Thats a real shame its not on "heavy" aircraft you know, sounds ideal, someones going to get a cracking placement, especially on £200/wk....lucky sod! :cool:

FlyFreeWbe
29th Apr 2005, 10:21
You'd think they'd jump at the chance :eek: Gaining experience in anything isn't something to miss out on..

ffw

McAero
29th Apr 2005, 16:22
Did you try Glasgow University? I'm sure the head of the Aerospace Department would be delighted to hear from you, and he would probably send it round all the students in an email. If you do want to contact him PM me and I'll give you his address. Really nice guy.