PDA

View Full Version : Good Home

ORAC
13th Apr 2005, 12:02
ORAC has 19" rack cabinet about 2ft high x 2ft wide x 3ft deep.

It folds a rack NAS server running Win2K containing 4 x 80Gb HDD set up in RAID 5., a rack mounted keyboard, a 10/100 hub (cannot recall if 16 or 24 port) and a very large and heavy UPS.

Cannot speak for the server, but the cabinet cost about 500 quid a year ago and the rack keyboards go for around 150 quid.

ORAC has just bought a Buffalo Terastation with 1Tb of storage and a print server in a little box about 6x6x9 :hmm:

ORAC considered selling said rack and equipment, but is rarely at home and not really well placed to do so. He therefore wonders, alternatively, if anyone knows of a good home where it might go?

ORAC is back home, Stansted area, from 29th April to 1 May inc. Cannot deliver but happy to help dismantle (has to come apart to come down the stairs, weight and size issues).

Any suggestions please mail or post.

ExGrunt
13th Apr 2005, 12:47
Hi ORAC,

I was just pondering getting something similar, but decided that I didn't have the budget. :{

I could probably get to STN (midweek - read your post more carefully: ie Fri or Mon), so unless a more deserving case comes along, I may be your man. :ok:

EG

ORAC
15th Apr 2005, 11:46
Must be someone out there who knows a good home.....

BOAC
17th Apr 2005, 07:28
Did you get my PM, ORAC?

ExGrunt
3rd May 2005, 10:58
ORAC,

Just a quick note to say thanks very much. :ok:

Now have the above item at home and working very well.

All the best

EG