PDA

View Full Version : New aircraft for Atlantic?

cabinalert
13th Apr 2005, 11:44
Just heard that Atlantic are moving onto ATPs soon.

Is this the end of the lovely old Electra's?

Anybody know anymore?

Cabinalert

ALLDAYDELI
13th Apr 2005, 11:49
Interesting..

ATPs wouldnt be able to replace the versatility of a L188 on a oceanic sector, 7 Tons from the UK to Brazil or 5 Tons from Aberdeen to the Detroit.

Sign of ther times, the L188 cant last forever.

I think that their diversification into types such as the ATP is imminant.

They have done so with the An74, Tu204 etc.

I heard G-SIXC, their only operational DC6 also just been retired!

seagull
13th Apr 2005, 14:49
No.the magnificent 7 are still riding the skies:cool: Obviously,they do have to stop eventually so i think the company are making a move sooner rather than later! Some of the current routes dont need the capacity of the electra so ATP`s fit the routes.

Conc
13th Apr 2005, 15:24
Atlantic Airlines are getting the ATPs and are still running the Electras. Emerald and West Air are both operating ATP freighters now so see that Atlantic getting ATPs fits in with others.

Air Atlantique are now mainly operating ATR-42s but the DC-6s and DC-3s etc are still serviceable. Nobody is quite sure of their futures but DC-3s will continue doing airshows etc and the DC-6s have not been retired yet!

FougaMagister
14th Apr 2005, 14:37
I must say I don't really see the sense of getting ATPs. Atlantic Express are already using a couple of ATRs, so getting more of these, this time for cargo, would make more sense from an engineering/spares/rating viewpoint. OK, so the ATR might be more expensive to buy outright, but at least it comes in two sizes (-42 and -72), has a long track record and no maintenance issues - just ask Westair or Emerald - plus there is a decent number of ATR-rated people (both in maintenance and flight deck) around.

Cheers :cool:

Sully182
14th Apr 2005, 19:15
Just for information, Atlantic Airlines is no longer part of the Atlantique group of companies following a management buy out.

ATP, yes there is one coming. It will be in the hanger for a while undergoing some work and then who knows.

The Electras will still operate.

That is all I can say, as it is all I know.

Stand 22
16th Apr 2005, 19:20
Atlantic Express are already using a couple of ATRs

Just for info, Atlantic Express no longer exists. The ATRs are operated by Atlantic Air Transport Ltd. A 3rd is due to arrive at the end of May,

FougaMagister
18th Apr 2005, 11:39
I stand corrected; however, you'll agree it's mainly a cosmetic change, i.e. name change more than anything else...

Cheers :cool:

Freight Loader
22nd Apr 2005, 12:08
I understand that they are.

Hanna Reitsch
3rd May 2005, 08:27
Which agency is that please ?

Hanna

Conc
2nd Jun 2005, 07:36
Atlantic Airline's ATPs will be freighters, Atlantic Airlines is a purely cargo operation.

Treetopflyer
23rd Aug 2005, 12:21
Okay guys,

it sounds like they are actually recruiting on the ATP because I just got invited for an interview. Now, anybody know anything about the conditions, do pilots pay for their type rating, is there a bond, what is the salary, any chance to move up someday to the L188 or the jets, etc?

Any info appreciated, thanx.

-- TTF.

Fried_Chicken
23rd Aug 2005, 17:51
Atlantic don't have any jets (well, apart from a Citation but this may be operated by one other companies under the Air Atlantique umbrella)

Fried Chicken

Treetopflyer
24th Aug 2005, 08:57
Fried_Chicken

Well, their website talk about Tu204 and An72/74 which SEEM to be jets (no props found on them after a quick walkaround):E :E :E

http://www.atlanticairlines.co.uk/aircraft.php4

These aircraft may very well be wet leased with eastern European crews, though -- this is actually one of my questions.

Thanks anyway.

24th Aug 2005, 14:40
Correct - they are wet leased in, so if you're going for the Atlantic Airlines interview, that solely refers to either Electra or the forthcoming ATPs for freighting ONLY!

The two Citations are the only jets operated by Atlantic Air Transport 'umbrella' and are crewed by Air Atlantique pilots.

Hope this clears things up.

Treetopflyer
25th Aug 2005, 13:32

It does help indeed.

So you mean that Atlantic Airlines is now totally independent from the rest of the group companies flying DC3s, DC6s, Metros, ATRs, Citations, etc...? No way to move on to the radials one day, then...? :{:ugh:

By the way, do you know how many operational L188 they have?

Thanks,

-- TTF.

26th Aug 2005, 08:25
I don't know off the top of my head how many Electra's are operational, but I know it's single figures.

Airlines IS totally independant from the other side you mention, so yes there's little to bugger all chance of transferring across to the types you mention, and that goes for the classic stuff too.

Good luck with the application!

Treetopflyer
7th Sep 2005, 18:49
Seven. They have 7 Electras flying, and they just got 3 ATPs that they are presently refurbishing. Options on 3 more. Electras to be retired in about 4/5 years, to be replaced by ???. Cheers.

King Pong
7th Sep 2005, 19:08
The airline is to start flying freight out of Luton most nights using ATP's. The service should start this month.

Daysleeper
7th Sep 2005, 20:47
The airline is to start flying freight out of Luton most nights using ATP's.

Who for?

Just found out its for us :p