PDA

View Full Version : Jobs @ Robin Hood

VIKING9
13th Apr 2005, 09:51
OK, am I missing something here?

CAR PARK ATTENDANT - salary £12500.00

CONTROL ROOM ASSISTANTS - salary £13500.00

AIRPORT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR - salary £16k to 18k

Does Robin Hood and his merry men think they will find Supervisors who want to be paid no more than £18k and Control Room staff who are virtually on par with a car park attendant. No offence intended to car park attendants, they do a great job, but there is just a tad difference between the 2 job descriptions and level of responsibility - surely ?

Opinions anyone ?

DONNYRADAR
13th Apr 2005, 11:07
on the whole the pay at DSA is cr*p but it is on a par with the rest of south yorkshire,it is not the pot of gold a lot of people were anticipating,spoke to a guy from the airport and he said they are expecting a large turnover of staff,not surprising really.

royman
13th Apr 2005, 19:01
Comes as no surprise. Theres plenty of comment on other threads about how poorly Peel pay.

7006 fan
13th Apr 2005, 19:44
Well, Peel did say they would create 7,000 jobs, what they did not say was they would be either minimum wage or the equivalent of because of the hours worked!!
But of course the grass is always greener...but I think that is due to moss!!!

:hmm:

When we are talking Operations control I assume we are talking ATCA here? If so yikes, £13k what level will one get, wonder what security are on. Danger money I would hope, having watched Airline and the behaviour of the SLF.
Read elsewhere in Prune about Lo-co SLF spitting on the apron and so forth. What was it Mr Norris said:
"It do not travel on the train because of the awful people one has to sit next to", well Steviebabe you can get back on the train now, it has taken to the skies.
May I wish all the staff at Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield the very best of luck, at these salaries I hope the bosses appreciate you and what you have to put up with -may the Force be with you.

:uhoh:

acbus1
14th Apr 2005, 06:24
Is this a case of Robin Hood taking from the rich to give to the poor?

DONNYRADAR
14th Apr 2005, 06:38
the control room job is the terminal cctv function amongst other things.

glitterbay
14th Apr 2005, 22:46
Would be nice to even get a reply from a job application at DSA.

Have applied twice for jobs still waiting for the courtesy of a reply.

barry lloyd
15th Apr 2005, 12:44
Glitterbay:

Amen to that!
I also applied, and have heard nothing since. I have since been told (unofficially), that they intend to recruit from the local area, which is fair enough if they can find suitably qualified people around there, but the courtesy of a reply would have been nice. Maybe that says a lot about the people who are running the place...