PDA

View Full Version : BA Mainline EDI?

EasyBaby
12th Apr 2005, 17:26
Im a little confused at the set up at edi. I've been told its only franchises that are based at Edi (citi/logan etc) but every morning walking out to the a/c there is a ruddy great big 757 or two with a smaller 737 (of various types) shadowing it. So is there a Mainline crew based up here or is it only nightstops?

Reason im asking is i would like to join BA but i cant relocate at the moment to LHR or the like, so i would be interested to see if there is an actual base here to see if there is any chance of recruitment?!

Thanks

EB;)

expedite_climb
12th Apr 2005, 17:45
There are no mainline crew 'based' at EDI - just nightstopping LHR / LGW crews.

EasyBaby
12th Apr 2005, 20:44
thanks!

EB;)

behind_the_second_midland
12th Apr 2005, 21:03
expedite

Wrong.

BA still has a Scottish mainline base. The crew dual report to both GLA and EDI.

However this base is "dead man's shoes" and would not be available to new joiners.

shoegal
12th Apr 2005, 21:54
british airways citiexpress which is an wholly owned subsiduary not a franchise as logan is are based up there and are recruiting at present for crew.operating erj145.you get all the benefitsi.e staff travel etc as mainline crew.but not the salary.

hope this helps

13th Apr 2005, 07:17
....but no transfer rights .

ETOPS
13th Apr 2005, 08:49
Just to clarify behind_the_second_midland's post there are no BA mainline Flight crew based at EDI or GLA however there are still Cabin crew who still live and work there. They operate shuttle flights to LHR just like the the cabin crew at MAN. The similar BFS base was closed a few years ago.
To be clear - BA mainline flight crew are only based at LHR and GLA. All other flight crews whereever they fly to or from are either franchise (GB, Bmed, etc) or wholly owned subsidiaries. (BAcitiexpress)

gps117
13th Apr 2005, 16:45
however if you get a job with mainline however you keep your original date of joining

snooky
13th Apr 2005, 17:12
Just to clarify, BA mainline flight crew are only based at LHR and LGW.
There are a few secondees to GSS and Cityexpress (not for long though!).

Since BA flight management would find it difficult to host a celebration in a brewery, they prefer it this way, spending millions each year paying hotels and their crews to nightstop everywhere.

I can just imagine an efficient airline behaving this way - NOT.

sammie1
13th Apr 2005, 17:33
Just recently there has been some recruitment for cabin crew at EDI, not sure whether it is still ongoing, but here's the web address for further info.

http://www.bacitiexpressjobs.com/

Regards,

Sammie

tiggerific_69
13th Apr 2005, 19:23
citiexpress are still recruiting for EDI operating on the ERJ145 and also the RJ100,edi crew will also operate flights out of LCY,details for applying are on the website that sammie gave :)

Jack's a dull boy
14th Apr 2005, 09:23
There are a few secondees to GSS and Cityexpress (not for long though).

What do you mean, snooky?

snooky
14th Apr 2005, 09:58
I didn't make that very clear.

The mainline pilots at Citiexpress on secondment in MAN at the moment are affected by the closure of their base there as the aircraft are moved to INV, EDI and LCY.

EasyBaby
14th Apr 2005, 21:37
so just to clarify, if you did work for CitiExpress would you not be able to transfer to LHR/LGW? In effect although a wholly owned subsidurary, is it kept entirely two seperate companies in resepect to employment??

Thanks

EB ;)

16th Apr 2005, 16:19
EB

Correct. The only cabin crew employed by BACX with transfer rights are the former BA regional crew at MAN and BHX.

They have retained their right of transfer under an agreement between BA and BASSA.

Confused yet?

ETOPS, check your posting for a typo! Think you mean LHR and LGW!