PDA

View Full Version : Training in the Middle East, Jordan

JamesTigris
12th Apr 2005, 17:16
Does anyone have any experience of flying training in Jordan? I could be living there for a few years and thought it would be an excellent place to train to fly.

I know that the Jordanian pilots have a good reputation that comes from King Hussein's legacy.

Anyone got any experiences or knowledge of the state of flight training out there? I know there is a big flying school there but seems hard to find anything on the web.
Would doing flying training in the middle east be an issue when looking for jobs back in the UK? (Providing I get a JAA fATPL of course).

Thanks in advance.

JWT

PPRuNe Towers
13th Apr 2005, 17:36
Yep, there is a big training school there at the old international airport Marka. Looks to be a very good set up along the lines of uniformed cadet type schools.

Interesting and very mixed activities there - unusual to be able to go gliding within a city's boundaries. Worth persevering with further research - corny old phrase but they are very 'airminded' in Jordan. My only caveat is holding times and delays due to mixed military, civil, school and gliding activity in a procedural environment fairly close to the big Queen Alia airport.

Rob