PDA

View Full Version : BA advert in this weeks Flight!

Jinkster
12th Apr 2005, 13:08
Very long time since I saw the last one - this maybe on the up! :hmm:

:D

My names Turkish
12th Apr 2005, 13:35
Jinks what you on about!?

Jinkster
13th Apr 2005, 09:34
BA advertising for pilots in this weeks Flight International - long time since I saw one of those!

:)

ATP_Al
13th Apr 2005, 10:37
Didn't they advertise three times in a row last month?

Jinkster
13th Apr 2005, 10:44
:\ if they did I didnt see it! :uhoh:

scroggs
13th Apr 2005, 12:54
Yes, they did - and it was covered here and in Terms and Endearments. As far as I recall, they weren't looking for ab-initios, they were after line-trained people with at least 400 hours on suitable aircraft - 737, A320 etc. Not quite Wannabe territory yet, but not far off...

Scroggs

Edit: heres the link BA direct entry pilot (http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/roledescription.jsp?ID=3854363&MODE=2)

Here's the text:
DIRECT ENTRY PILOT SCHEME (Hold Pool) Shorthaul/Longhaul - FLTDEP54

Please click apply (http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/roledescription.jsp?ID=3854363&MODE=2#apply) if you would like to apply for this vacancy.

Dept: Flight Operations
Uniform: Yes
Shift Work: Yes
Closing: 25/04/2005
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise: Full UK issued JAA/CAA ATPL(F).

You will need a first class flying record and a good level of physical fitness. Demonstrable evidence of leadership, intellect, determination, reliability, high personal standards, motivation, flexibility, well developed customer service skills and teamwork.

You as a person: Physically fit and in possession of a JAA/UK CAA Medical Licence (Class 1) and able to satisfy British Airways medical requirements. Please note that British Airways’ medical criteria for employment is of a higher standard than the CAA requirement. Height between 1.57m (5'2") and 1.91m (6'3") with weight in proportion to height (height is accurately determined during the assessment process). Qualified pilots who are taller than 1.91m may submit an application but will be required to undergo a functionality check to confirm their ability to meet the requirements of the seating positions in the British Airways fleet of aircraft. No more than 49 years old at the time of application. Spoken and written fluency in English.

Experience Required:

IF YOU HOLD A CURRENT TYPE RATING ON A BRITISH AIRWAYS AIRCRAFT: Airbus A320 series, Boeing 737/757/767: ATPL(F) and a minimum of either 100 sectors or 400 hrs recent experience on type. 747-400 or 777: valid ATPL with at least 500 hours recent experience on type.

IF YOU DO NOT HOLD A TYPE RATING ON A BA AIRCRAFT TYPE: To be considered for shorthaul the minimum requirements are: ATPL(F) with 500 hours or 100 sectors recent experience on a turbojet/turboprop transport category aeroplane with a MTOM greater that 10 tonnes or an approved passenger seating configuration of not less than 20 passengers. To be considered for longhaul the minimum requirements are: Valid ATPL with a minimum of 2000 hrs total time with at least 1000 hrs on either: Jet Transport with MTOM of 25 tonnes and greater, or a Multi Crew turboprop transport aircraft or Military equivalent with MTOM of greater than 50 tonnes. Right to live in the UK.

Unless otherwise stated in the specific job details above, British Airways will only consider applications from candidates who already have the right to live and work in the UK.

Criminal Record Checks.

Employees who work with children and/or vulnerable adults, and those who require a permanent restricted zone ('Airside') security pass, are legally required to produce a satisfactory criminal record check. Click here (http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/criminal/index.jsp) to check the specific requirements for this role.

judge11
13th Apr 2005, 13:21
'Never in the field of recent aviation history has BA had to advertise so often for so few' to paraphrase. The BA myth of elysian fields in a land flowing with milk and honey (how about that for a melee of mixed meatphors) has at long last been rumbled by the many - hence the rocketing ad budget in the past 12 months. :E

CruisingSpeed
13th Apr 2005, 13:51
Anyone know why it is 500 hrs on the 744 and 777, rather than 400 as required for the other types? Full motion sim LOFT excercises to be included in hrs?

Cheers CS

dontdoit
13th Apr 2005, 14:23
<<Demonstrable evidence of leadership, intellect, determination, reliability, high personal standards, motivation, flexibility, well developed customer service skills and teamwork>>

That rules out most of the easyJet pilots then!

TRon
13th Apr 2005, 14:52
Exactly, I ****** it!