PDA

View Full Version : BAe 146 emergency last night into egcc (no drama for u journos)

the_flying_cop
12th Apr 2005, 07:57
there was an emergency into manchester last night. unfortunately due to me having to listen to 6 radio channels at once (dammed work gettin in the way again), i missed most of it. there was a suggestion of gear trouble.

listening to the approach, the captain was cool as ice, very matter of fact.

having reached finals whereby he was told that three sets of wheels had been seen from the ground(not confirmed that they were locked etc) it was as if you had told him something really trivial like petrol going up 1p a litre again.

naturally as i would expect from you professionals out there the landing was without incident, and then taxied all the way back to the stand under their own steam.

would like to say 'good job' (- in cheesy type american accent) to the crew. it always amazes me how calm you guys are when the wheel gets a bit wobbly, and puts me completely at ease when flying as SLF.

atc did a 'good job' too, i love the way you just scoop everythin else out the way, stacking up the hold, but you already knew i was a fan of yours (the fly in your ointment)

told you there was no drama.

im off to bed now. - all grammatical errors and spelling mistakes are night shift induced !!!!

TFC

Ransman
12th Apr 2005, 08:49
Thanks for the complements! It was a "potential" gear problem, got an indication that the r/h main failed to retract. The gear was selected down in accordance with the checklist and 3 greens appeared so end of problem. We did divert into MAN as a precaution though, as we have engineers there too. Swapped to another 146 on ground and continued flight to IOM, passengers arrives 1 hr 35 mins late. Not too bad eh!

the_flying_cop
12th Apr 2005, 09:23
well there are plenty of spare 146's there.

we sometimes come and fly alongside during those types of things do a visual inspection of the aircraft.

on this occaision we were engaged doing some other stuff and were unable to assist

keep up the good work.

TFC