PDA

View Full Version : "uniforms" during CPL training

pipergirl
12th Apr 2005, 07:52
Just something I was wondering from trawling through various sites regarding flight training-

a lot of schools stipulate that u must wear a uniform during CPL training-
in reality does this actually happen?

and the chap said
12th Apr 2005, 09:26
Hi Pipergirl,

Naturally it depends where you train as you know. It seems that the bigger schools prefer a uniform, whereas some smaller schools aren't too bothered, guess they focus on the important stuff - flying. I trained at Oxford and both modular and integrated students had to wear a uniform. I believe the same rang true for my fellow pilots at Cabair and Jerez.

To be honest I quite liked it made me feel like a pilot! Besides, saved me thinking about what to wear for the day...

Good luck with the ATPLs,

atcs

Bealzebub
12th Apr 2005, 13:38
It is a bit ironic really because once you fly for an airline you normally wear your "civvies" for ground training and simulator.

However I suppose that from a commercial point of view, it panders to the customer as well as creating revenue for the organisation. Like those adverts they place in the magazines of pictures of pilots in their four bar glory standing next to some jet and pointing into the vague distance.

In reality its probably about image and "spin". The latter was once an important exercise to be taught and learned. These days it seems to be about dressing up for groundschool and flying lessons.

Holland
12th Apr 2005, 13:47
In Holland all Flight Academies it's normall all students wear uniform during the hole training.
From the day you start untill you end the training.

Cheers

cumulus
12th Apr 2005, 20:47
I am doing modular IR at PAT, and there seems to be an unwritten understanding that you wear some form of uniform. I have no problem with this, as firstly as my first "professional" course, I felt like some sense of occasion was in order, and secondly, as I am in the Navy, it was just a matter of removing the epaulettes from my regular rig...:ok:

Jinkster
12th Apr 2005, 20:51
Cabaiar modular course - white shirt, cabair tie and black trouser. Not sure about girlies - hopefully white shirt, short skirt - not sure that will happen tho :p