PDA

View Full Version : View of Pilots from BA cabin crew

normal_nigel
11th Apr 2005, 20:51
This little ditty has just arrived in my mailbox (thanks sweetiepie). It is a view of BA pilots.

Its from a cabin crew forum (not sure which one but I can guess) and I'm told is part of a general pilot hating thread.

It is fear ( for their own futures) and the gradual loss of power and status that they used to enjoy that makes them behave and react to their cabin crew colleagues in such disrespectful and petty ways. Some try demean the position of c/crew by their remarks about our seeming 'lack of education' and professional status to enhance their own 'delusions of grandeur'.

It is best to ignore them, rise above it and do what we do best, that is keeping BA in profit ,as you have been doing very succesfully. They drive the 'big bus' from A-B and it makes little difference to the success of the operation how they do that. Their jobs do not rely on their 'personalities' or how they drive the big bus ( other than safely).

I know not all flight deck have derogatory opinions of cabin crew and I do believe those that do are in a minority however the 'trend' seems to be on the increase and that is worrying for CRM and the safety of the operation.

So all along its been Cabin Services keeping BA in profit.

We just "drive the big bus" and evidently it doesn't really matter how we do it.

Wondered why I was confused.

You see I thought that it was the same cabin crew that get paid extra to go to Miami or pay CSD's £50k a year on longhaul, or walk off the aircraft at the drop of a hat because BASSA says so or have 22.9 days sick per year or have bunk rest on 6 hour flights

Silly me.

itsinthebag
11th Apr 2005, 21:11
oh nigel nigel nigel. Don't take the bait my lovely. This whole 'BA cabin crew V BA flight crew' thing is SO last month. Let it go over your head. Trust me, you'll feel a whole lot better and it'll keep your blood pressure down!!!! ;)

OzzieO
11th Apr 2005, 21:34
YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!!!