PDA

View Full Version : Top ten Ppruners

Bomber Harris
11th Apr 2005, 12:38
An idea for Pprune website. How about publishing a list of "top tens". I would be interested in the ten:

- most read posts
- most replied to posts
- most messages posted by member
- funniest posts (as voted for by members)

You could do these lists 'of all time' and also for each year. The members page is sorted alphibetically. It would be nice to sort this by number of posts....set up a ranking system.

It would make idle browsing for me....and sounds easy to do technically...what do you think?

Evo
11th Apr 2005, 12:57
PPRuNe does some of it for you, e.g. this list (http://www.pprune.org/forums/memberlist.php?s=&what=topposters&perpage=20) or this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13&daysprune=20&pagenumber=1&perpage=25&sortorder=desc&sortfield=views).

timmcat
11th Apr 2005, 13:50
most messages posted by member

Discussions of this nature have been previously frowned upon to say the least.

For further details, do a search in Jetblast using the term 'Aunt', 'Mary', and 'Lottery'. All will become clear.

Globaliser
11th Apr 2005, 18:04
- most messages posted by member Scary to see where I come on that list. I don't even belong here, being SLF and not PP. :D

Jerricho
13th Apr 2005, 11:00
Perhaps you should have a look at The Jet Blast 2005 Awards nominations (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167660)

And here are the results (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169354)

:ok:

Jerricho
13th Apr 2005, 20:09
Huh?!?!

Welcome to Jet Blast little thread...........

Lobotumi
13th Apr 2005, 21:09
Jet Blast sure ain't what it used to be ............................................................

:(

Solid Rust Twotter
13th Apr 2005, 21:11
Jet Blast Lite?:E

Blacksheep
14th Apr 2005, 01:55
As in the eternal question of whether size matters, there's also quite a wide selection of Blasts from Jets.

There's the extremely hot, fast and noisy effluent from a Concorde's RR/Snecma Olympus on full reheat for instance,

At the other end of the scale there's the slightly warm, quite quick and irritatingly screechy Rolls Royce Viper (as used on the constant thrust, variable noise Jet Provost)

Most Jets lie somewhere between these extremes with the average being perhaps the warm, steadily irresistable, but relatively quiet thrust of a PW4056 doing a part power take-off.

Jet Blast seems to have adopted an ex-RAF trainer role for the time being. Perhaps it has something to do with having our flaps set for landing? :suspect:

flapsforty
14th Apr 2005, 07:04
In all likelyhood it does Blacky, yes. When Danny had to choose between closing JB or putting in a Mod, he picked the latter.
Which ended an era.

To actually blame the incredible lightness of being, as percieved by you and others, entirely on me, seems a bit far fetched though.
When I didn't do any moderating here for 6 weeks a while back, did anything change?
Or are some of you perhaps using me as a convenient excuse for your own ennui?

b.borg
14th Apr 2005, 14:23
:suspect: Did you know, that if you go to Evo's link for Top 10 posters, page 161 has the prooners who have posted 161 times - spooky, or what :eek:

flyblue
14th Apr 2005, 14:27
Tut tut, how ungrateful :*
JB is only the sum of its members. Mods only make sure the rules are followed here, but don't decide the editorial lines.

Blacksheep
15th Apr 2005, 05:17
I can't fault Danny's logic Flaps, things were getting pretty dire; an era looking for an end in fact. I do apologise if I called your integrity into doubt through searching for a suitable aeronautical ending for the round out. Quite unintentional, I assure you; JB is without doubt a very tricky forum to moderate.

You could ask Danny for a rest tour in Aviation History and Nostalgia of course. Full of kindly old gentlemen, so it is. ;)

I still have an abiding affection for the halcyon days of JB back in the nineties though, when wit and humour (mixed with the odd bit of filth and perversion) prevailed over politics and religion...

...and we didn't need moderating. :ouch: