Bond: How much and over what period?

TIA
kanger

Shaka Zulu
11th Apr 2005, 08:47
hey Kanger

questions i can answer:

3yrs / 17000pounds is the bond
and yes there are a couple of EZS Geneva based guys getting their upgrade and will move to BSL.

don't know the rest since I don't work for EZS but would think it's roughly the same as EZY. They might go 5-2 5-4 aswell or remain 6-3 but most probable 5-2 5-4 rostering.

EZS works on first come first serves basis, no seniority in either part of our company....

Kanger
11th Apr 2005, 09:01
Hi Shaka Zulu,
thanks for the info. Is the bond the same if one is already 319 or 737 type rated?

Apparently the schedule isn't the same as EZY
kanger

Shaka Zulu
11th Apr 2005, 12:19
well all EZS operation is on the A319 as you well know so you will need to do the Full Type Conversion.

not sure about the question though, are you 737 rated?
at the moment getting a work permit for EZS work if you are 737 rated is impossible. only airbus rated guys/girls are accepted.
don't ask me why, it's easyJet stopping it somewhere somehow.

i do know that if you have to undergo complete conversion to type or join easyJet you will be bonded either via TRSS scheme or DE bonding

CaptainProp
11th Apr 2005, 14:05
"Training bond" now £23k..... Working about 16 days/month at the moment (LGW)....have quite a few "contact" and stby days for the time being....

/CP

springbok449
11th Apr 2005, 20:56
Hi,

If you are not A319 rated, you will have to go thru a full typre rating conversion and be subjected to a bond.

EZS are not on a fixed pattern roster, it is random with sometimes 7 days on 2 days off, you can also work 7 earlies in a row. All duties are 4 sector days.

EZS DOES have a seniority system unlike EZY UK.

Hope this helps.

On the upgrade side of things:

There are a few upgrades coming up, I think 2 upgrades will get to stay in GVA due to current EZS Captains relocating to BSL.

Other upgrades will be in BSL with no current system in place as to when and how a return to GVA will be possible.

Upgrading is on a seniority basis.

RGDS.

Kanger
12th Apr 2005, 08:30
Hi CaptainProp, springbok449, Shaka Zulu,

Thanks for the info.
Since seniority is active in GVA/BSL does anybody know how many a/c are expected in BSL till the end of 2006 e.g. how long to wait till upgrade due seniority is possible.

TIA
kanger

springbok449
12th Apr 2005, 12:38
A/C numbers are yet to be confirmed for both BSL and GVA, as far as upgrade is concerned most current EZS F/Os have the hours to be upgraded when it will be their turn, so to be honest could be a long wait...

The above is what was the determining factor in me not returning to EZS...

Kanger
12th Apr 2005, 12:42
Hi springbok449,

Thanks for the info. I suppose that it is fair for the people already in but doesn't provide incentive to move to EZS...

cheers
Kanger

Right Way Up
13th Apr 2005, 21:24
Kanger,
I'm not sure they need to have extra incentives for crew to join EZS. If you don't join them, I think they'll survive. They seem to be a well run & looked after part of Easyjet.

Shaka Zulu
14th Apr 2005, 02:06
Believe me, there are long queues for BSL/GVA. The bases are already full I've heard and people are still phoning up at the moment so no incentive needed Kanger ;)

springbok449
14th Apr 2005, 08:41
Afraid Kanger but I would tend to agree with the the 2 postings above...

I know a few people who have just turned down a command at EZY to join EZS as F/Os with no idea as to when they will get an upgrade.

Such is the market in Swizterland at the mo...there is also a queue of people from Swiss trying to get in and this includes current commanders who will have to become F/Os again.

Ofcourse it all depends on how quickly EZS expands which is not yet clear at the moment.

Kanger
14th Apr 2005, 10:35
Thanks for the info.
cheers
Kanger