PDA

View Full Version : Let's all have it off...

Blacksheep
11th Apr 2005, 02:27
April 23rd that is. England's National Day.

Listening to Capital Gold just now, while I'm working, I just heard something about St George's Day. Let's make it a Bank Holiday and all have it off. :ok:

Except the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish of course.

Buster Hyman
11th Apr 2005, 03:20
So much for the Pprune orgy-bash!:mad:

That's blatant false advertising Blacksheep!:suspect:

HandspringGuy
11th Apr 2005, 06:15
Obviously the Greeks should have the day off too as St. George was a Greek Saint "aquired" during the crusades. ;)

ORAC
11th Apr 2005, 06:39
Fairīs fair, the Irish nicked St Patrick... ;)

BALIX
11th Apr 2005, 07:30
St George was also big in Hungary I believe. There is a sculpture of him slaying the dragon in Budapest. (The sculpture is in Budapest; St George was probably somewhere else when he did the slaying...)

As for having it off on April 23rd, wouldn't it be better leaving it until the autumn? I mean there are so many other public holidays round now that one does not know whether one is coming or going... I sugest England Day should be October 20th as that is my birthday.

Trouble is, living in Scotland I wouldn't get it - arse :*

henry crun
11th Apr 2005, 08:08
BALIX: It falls to me to say this before others leap into print.

If you don't know if you are coming or going when you are having it off, I suggest a session with the right sort of counsellor. :)

teeteringhead
11th Apr 2005, 11:01
Northern Ireland gets Paddy's day and the Battle of the Boyne (12th July) ... something to be said for a divided community then.

Standard Noise
11th Apr 2005, 15:45
We're only divided when we're not on holiday.;)

ExSimGuy
11th Apr 2005, 18:50
I'd like to have it off, pefereably with a blond "councillor"- about 36.24.34 - and I'd settle for any day of the year (ah. it falls to us . . . . .) As for "coming and going" . . .

"Martin Baker, the only way to fly"

Capn Notarious
11th Apr 2005, 23:52
Consider this.
Penniless and in debt, Dan the pilot man has this beneficial idea. Start Pprune he thinks and spread the word.
What a useful tool this is.

And will he come to take the credit?
Far too modest.