PDA

View Full Version : MEP Expired??

BritPilot777
10th Apr 2005, 21:50
Hi All,

Was just going through all my paperwork to do with my licenses and found something quite worrying.

I received my MEP on 24/03/2004, and it says Valid until 23/03/2005. Now that’s just one year, yet I thought all CAA stuff was bi annular?

I did 15 hours in the Multi as PIC in December 2004, would this be enough to have kept my license valid??

What do I do now? Do I need to fill out another form to send to the CAA or what??

Any help greatly appreciated

silverknapper
10th Apr 2005, 22:34
From what I can make out:

You'll need a proficency check with a multi examiner. S/he can then sign the licence page, doesn't go to CAA. If you haven't flown 10 Route sectors in the last year you'll also need to do a nav ex as part of the proficiency check. Route sector is at least a 15 min cruise sector.
Doesn't come with an admin fee - for a change! Examiner sends form off.
But no matter how many hours you have done it would appear you require a check out.

African Drunk
11th Apr 2005, 09:29
Your just need a test flight with an examiner. Give a couple of schools a ring they should be able to sort it within a couple of days.

FlyingForFun
11th Apr 2005, 09:41
BritPilot,

Not sure why you thought it was bi-annual - the single-engine is bi-annual, but not the multi.

Agree with the other replies - all you need is a proficiency check with an examiner. If you have an IR, this should be combined with your IR renewal. The examiner can then sign your license, and the paperwork is sent to the CAA but there is no charge. For the full details, see LASORS (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS2005.PDF) , section F3.

It's also worth point out, for the future, that the requirements for keeping this rating valid are not just a case of hours. You must have completed 10 "route sectors" (a route sector being a take-off, 15 minutes of cruise, an approach and a landing), and a test with an examiner. If you haven't done the 10 route sectors, you can substitute one route sector with the examiner as part of the (longer) test. Hours don't actually come into it at all.

FFF
-------------