PDA

View Full Version : AIB Date Information......

EF2020
10th Apr 2005, 20:39
Hi all :)

I recently attended OASC Cranwell for Aircrew aptitude tests for the Fleet Air Arm, and subsequently, passed for Pilot and ATC, but failed Observer.....

However, whilst de-briefed, I was told by the Officer (great gentleman) that I was still in the run for being called up for AIB (but not for definite), as I got a good Pilot pass, and above average ATC pass......

Firstly, If anyone could help me, I would like to know the possible time it would take to acquire an AIB date and when I would be notified, as I took the aptitude tests on the 5th of April (last Tuesday), and secondly, what would be my chances of getting an AIB date due to me failing Observer, but having a good pass for pilot and ATC??

I am due to go to my local Armed Forces Careers Office in the forthcoming week to try and arrange some site visits etc and to fill me in on any additional information concerning other factors of selection.........

If anybody could possibly help, I would be most-grateful,

----ef2020----

Si Clik
11th Apr 2005, 19:01
EF2020

You will probably be called forward but on the basis of what you have written for ATC only.

Current FAA recruiting regulations demand that aircrew MUST pass for both Pilot and Observer.

Sorry to be the bearer of not so good tidings but I reckon the guy at OASC told you the same.

:suspect:

SirToppamHat
11th Apr 2005, 19:22
Unlucky with the aircrew scores, will you get another go?

Just out of interest, did you get test results for Freddie/FC?

STH

EF2020
12th Apr 2005, 14:35
You're right Si-Clik.......Found out I can't proceed to AIB even though I got a good pilot score, as I just missed Observer by about 10% or so!! Extremely gutted, but I'm okay :)

I am 21 now, but was just wondering if I could possibly still meet the requirements for pilot in the RAF or Army Air Corps, even though I failed Observer on the Navy Aptitudes?